Online Employment Application
Cleaning Attendant - CASUAL
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity for someone to join the Cleaning Department. As a cleaner, the successful applicants main priority is to ensure that a high standard of cleanlinees and hygiene are maintained through out the zoo.
Duties may include:
- Cleaning of all amenities (toilets)
- Cleaning & maintaining all public areas (admissions, entrance, lower level administration building, footpaths, demonstration areas)
- General cleaning of office
- Waste Disposal, litter removal on or surrounding zoo property including ashtrays.
- Maintaining all pathways, access areas, service roads and main buildings throughout zoo
- Removal of cobwebs, insect nests
- Cleaning wet/dry spills.
- Use of cleaning and maintenance equipment (Vacuum, Blower, Sweeper, Mop, Duster, Gurney, Buggy etc)
- Cleaning and maintain the equipment
- Communication of workplace issues as they arise with the department supervisor.
- Guest relations (providing directions and information to guest).
- Maintain high standard of customer service and publicity.
- A commitment to privacy and confidentiality.
- Work within the guidelines of Workplace Health & Safety procedures to ensure security & safety of self, staff, visitors and animals
- Participate in performance training and development reviews or programs as requested by the company both on and off the job.
- Attend meetings as requested by Management.
- Other duties as required by Supervisor, HR or General Manager
- Previous experience within a similar role
- The ability to operate equipment required for the role (Leaf blower etc)
- Strong communication skills
- The ability to multi-task
- Weekends, Public Holidays and School Holiday availability
- Must be physically fit and able to work outdoors
- Own transport essential
Interested applicants should email a resume (no more than 5 pages) to email@example.com
Apply for this job below. Applications close 16th of March 2014
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.