Online Employment Application
Retail Assistant - Casual
Department: Australiana Shop
Position Description: Retail assistants are in a variety of retail venues and locations throughout the zoo. This role requires a high level of customer interaction, so you will require good interpersonal and communication skills.
The role involves mainly selling but you will also be responsible with helping customers to identify and purchase their required goods and services.
The position ideally suits a person who has integrity, honesty, flexibility, good energy levels and ability to deal with stress.
• Welcoming and greeting customers who enter the shop.
• Be involved in stock control and management.
• Assisting shoppers to find the goods and products they are looking for.
• Assist to manage point-of-sale process including register operations, receiving and processing cash or credit or other payments
• Accurately provide change and receipts
• Numeracy skills with regard to counting money sorting change and balancing cash registers at end of shift
• Maintain a clean and tidy work environment
• Ability to undertake stock count
• Stocking shelves with merchandise
• Answering queries from customers
• Recommending, selecting and finding the right products within the store for customers
• Ability to accurately describe the product features and benefits
• Reporting discrepancies and problems to the supervisor.
• Dealing with customer refunds.
• Keeping the store tidy and clean, this includes hovering and mopping
• Responsible dealing with customer complaints.
• Working within established guidelines, particularly with brands.
• Attaching price tags to merchandise on the shop floor.
• Responsible for security within the store and being on the look out for shoplifters and fraudulent credit cards etc.
• Receiving and storing the delivery of large amounts of stock
• Keeping up to date with special promotions and putting up displays.
• Assist crowd control
• Assist hosting at Crocoseum
• Assist with escorting Costume Characters
• Develop and multi-skill to assist other retail or customer service departments
• Maintain the highest level of confidentiality and professionalism at all times
• Maintaining Australia Zoo's customer service standards
• Commitment to our privacy and confidentiality policies
• Ensure company ethics and professional standards are adhered to at all times
• Working within the guidelines of Workplace Health and Safety procedures to ensure security
• Participate in performance training and development reviews or programs as requested by the company both on and off the job
• Attend meetings as requested by senior management
• Other tasks as requested by senior management
• Experience in general retail operations
• Having a friendly and engaging personality
• Comfortable working with members of the public
• Display a confident working manner
• Must be helpful and polite
• Able to work as part of a sales team
• Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
Weekend availability and own transport essential.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 6th of November 2013
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.