Online Employment Application
Fundraising, Sponsorship & Advancement Manager
Department: Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors
This is a unique vacancy at Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors; a not-for-profit wildlife conservation charity established in 2002, initially by Steve & Terri Irwin, at Beerwah on the Sunshine Coast.
About the Role
This position will be responsible for securing donations and sponsorship for the charity. The duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Developing detailed strategies to increase growth of the charity and raise significant funds
- Achieving positive financial outcomes
- Implementing effective and efficient operations and processes for the organisation
- Increasing donor portfolio
- Building and maintaining donations and sponsorships
- Raising philanthropic funds for the charity
- Increasing the profile of the charity, nationally and internationally
- Directing and managing major events for the charity including the Steve Irwin Day Gala Dinner
- Generating and maintaining sustainable revenue and key partnerships
- Working closely with the Board of Directors, CEO and Executive Manager; encompassing their objectives and direction for the charity
- Researching, promoting and managing conservation and fundraising projects, including the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital.
The successful candidate will have:
- Extensive fundraising and philanthropy experience, preferably in a similar industry
- Knowledge and understanding on Donor Relations
- Superior communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Event Management and leadership experience
- Team management experience
- Experience with Raiser's Edge software (desirable)
- Self-motivation, attention-to-detail and the ability to work under pressure
- Passion and drive for the goals and vision of the charity
Remuneration will depend on the successful applicant.
Interested applicants are required to submit an application (including cover letter and resume) to the Recruitment Manager, Bonnie Nolan, via email email@example.com.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 30th of June 2013
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.