Online Employment Application
Senior Grounds Person - Full Time
Department: Grounds and Landscaping
We are now seeking an experienced Senior Grounds Person to join the team at Australia Zoo.
As the Senior Grounds Person you will be responsible for assisting with the day to day maintenance of the surrounding grounds and gardens to ensure it is kept to a high standard. Your experience in maintenance combined with your knowledge of horticulture/landscaping will equip you with the necessary skills for this role.
To be considered for this position you will be able to demonstrate and/or possess the following:
• Minimum 3 years experience in a similar role
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in horticulture and landscaping
• An ability to carry out minor maintenance and repairs to equipment
• Exposure to management of water quality and irrigation systems
• Ability to meet all Workplace Health and Safety requirements
• Stores and stock control
• Excellent time management and organisation skills
• Experienced in tree transplanting
• Nursery experience and/or a good understanding of plant identification
• Experience and licensed to operate relevant machinery and equipment
• Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
• Availability over a 7 day roster
• Excellent team work and communication skills
• HR license
• Agricultural Distribution Chemical Certificate (Weed Spraying)
• Chainsaw certificate
• Elevated Work Platform operators card
• Forklift/license to perform high risk work
• First Aid certificate
• Skid steer
Applicants must be fit for physical work, enthusiastic, mature-minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative.
This is a Full Time position and the salary will be dependant on the successful applicant.
To apply please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all interested parties in advance. Applicants successful for interviews will be contacted. Applications close 19th October 2013
Apply for this job below. Applications close 19th of October 2013
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.