Online Employment Application
Technical Assistant - FULL-TIME
Within the IT Department, the Technical Assistant is employed to assist and maintain all network and server facilities on site at Australia Zoo. This position works under the direction of the IT Manager and plays a vital role.
As the Technical Assistant, you must have a high level of problem solving skills, along with the ability to promptly learn new systems and networks.
- Develop and maintain IT related infrastructure
- Implement, configure and maintain: Zimbra mail servers, Remote web servers , (Redhat, PHP, MySQL), NAS/SAN systems, Windows servers, Routers, switches, VLANs, WANs, VPNs
- Interface with other departments to provide services such as web and database
- Troubleshoot and assist promptly with any technical issues that may arise in related departments(i.e POS/email/server).
- Carry out daily backup and maintenance tasks
- Configuration of network routers
- Install any new software
- Undertaking other duties as directed by the IT manager, HR Manager & General Manager
- Create and manage staff email accounts, ensuring the access and security of these are monitored regularly
- A demonstrated ability to work in a high-pressure, flexible environment and to deliver all communications to a high level
- Must have the ability to learn new systems and develop the knowledge of products quickly
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Well developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with staff at all levels
- Current drivers licence and own transport
- Minimum 1-2 years experience in a similar position
- Current First Aid qualifications
- Any other relevant certificates involving Leadership, Training, WHS
All interested applicants should email a resume (no more than 5 pages) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job below. Applications close 2nd of March 2014
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.