Online Employment Application
Development Manager - FULLTIME
Department: Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors
The Development Manager is a key member of the team that is raising philanthropic funds for the charity, Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors, and especially for the main project, the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital.
This position reports to the Director of Development and serves as 2IC for all fundraising operations and activities. The main areas of focus for the Development Manager include managing and coordinating the external events, cause-marketing promotions, community fundraising, youth/group fundraisers and other fundraising projects and campaigns as needed. In addition, the Development Manager provides support to the Annual Gala Dinner and various cultivation/stewardship events and activities for current and prospective donors.
The Development Manager also provides administrative and management support to the operations of the hospital visitation/tour program, which is a key component of the Wildlife Warriors fundraising program.
- A relevant tertiary qualification in business, communications, marketing or a related discipline
- At least 3 years experience in development, donor relations, fundraising events, marketing, communications or equivalent
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Database experience (Raiser's Edge preferred)
- Experience working with social media and online campaigns (Everyday Hero preferred)
- Well developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Outlook, Excel
- Personable and approachable with excellent customer service skills
- Commitment to privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem solving skills
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with staff and constituents at all levels
- Knowledge of the legal requirements of the charity sector
- Passion for wildlife conservation and the mission of Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Apply for this job below. Applications close 12th of January 2014
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.