Online Employment Application
Administration and Office Support - FULLTIME
Department: Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors
This position plays a vital role at the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital and is the first point of contact for patrons who visit the facility for tours.
Responsible for supporting the Development Manager, the successful applicant will undertake a range of administration and general customer service duties. This includes front of house customer service, tours, retail sales, data input, administration and general support for all members of the Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors team.
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational and inter-personal skills, combined with an eye for detail, an ability to meet deadlines and work within a small team.
This role also includes assisting the Development Manager with all fundraising operations and activities. Experience within fundraising is preferred but not essential. This position is the ideal stepping stone for anyone looking to create a career within the charity sector.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite of programs, particularly high level of competency in Excel.
- High level of compassion and good understanding of key environmental issues.
- Have a brief understanding of the species that come into care.
- Self motivated and able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Well developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks
- Proficiency in MS Office, Word, Outlook, Excel
- Personable and approachable with excellent customer service skills
- Commitment to privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to work in a small team environment
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem solving skills
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with staff and constituents at all levels
- Passion for wildlife conservation and the mission of Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors
To apply please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Apply for this job below. Applications close 12th of January 2014
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.