Online Employment Application
Roving Entertainment - Casual Vacancy
Department: Roving Entertainment
Position: Roving Entertainer - CASUAL
Reports to: HOD Roving, Entertainment Coordinator, Curator
As a Roving Entertainer, you are the face of Australia Zoo - the first to welcome guests and the last to send them off. Rovers become a constant throughout guests' day, offering up-close and personal animal experiences, and making each person feel as special, valued, and individual as the next. This memorable experience is achieved through face-to-face roving and also live presentations.
Roving Entertainers have the highest standard of communication skills, connecting with guests in one-on-one situations as well as engaging larger audiences. Roving Entertainers are understanding and sensitive to the needs of the animals under their care, and are foremost responsible for the animals' well-being whilst roving through the zoo.
Roving Entertainers are required to maintain a very high level of presentation, and possess strong public speaking skills. They are dedicated to conservation issues, animal welfare and continually work towards providing interactive education to Zoo guests.
• Undertake animal roving throughout the zoo - offering personal and interactive animal experiences to individual guests
• Provide top level customer service and accurate information to Zoo guests
• Work closely with keeping department supervisors to ensure the security and wellbeing of animals whilst optimising guest experience
• Ensure records of observation and reports on animal behaviour are maintained
• Work closely with Zoo photographers, capturing high quality roving wildlife shots with guests
• Maintain a high level of personal hygiene and presentation
• Learn and present scripted wildlife demonstrations
• Undertake rehearsals with Entertainment Coordinator and other Roving Entertainers to better performance skills and show content
• Perform Host and Preshow roles in the Wildlife Warriors show
• Act as a spokesperson for media programs-TV and Radio
• Maintaining Australia Zoo's customer service standards
• Commitment to our privacy and confidentiality policies
• Ensure company ethics and professional standards are adhered to at all times
• Working within the guidelines of Workplace Health and Safety procedures to ensure security.
• Strong performance/public speaking skills
• High level customer relation skills
• High standard of personal presentation
• Reasonable level of physical fitness
• Passion for wildlife and wildlife conservation
• Animal handling experience
• Wildlife knowledge
• Previous public speaking/presenting experience
Apply for this job below. Applications close 9th of February 2014
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.