Online Employment Application
Graphic Designer - Fulltime
Department: Graphic Design
Australia Zoo has a unique and exciting position available in their Marketing Team for a Graphic Designer.
Reporting to the Creative Services Manager, this role is responsible for protecting and growing Australia Zoo's brand through the creation of new graphic design concepts and collateral that is compliant with the style guide.
High energy, initiative and an ability to work in a fast paced environment, together with excellent interpersonal and organisational skills will be paramount.
• Ensure all design work (offline + online) adheres to the Australia Zoo brand guidelines.
• Following art direction that meets marketing objectives and maintains consistency of the Australia Zoo brand and sub-brands.
• Contribution of ideas and designs for development of the Australia Zoo brand, its sub-brands and promotional items.
• Assist with the development and maintenance of Style Guides for Australia Zoo and sub-brands.
• Assist with the creation of new projects from branding and concept formation through to production.
• Work within the parameters of the traffic system, ensuring job details are up to date on a daily basis.
• Conduct regular stock take of zoo marketing collateral on a monthly basis.
• Liaise with external suppliers when required.
• Actively seek new images to better create attention and encapsulate Australia Zoo brand
• Actively seek new marketing/promotional collateral ideas (i.e. brochure ideas, signage types, external displays etc).
• Ensure all Marketing Dept are up to date with Image library and understand correct usage of images and branding elements.
• Ensure timesheets are completed on a weekly basis and monthly reports are delivered on time.
• Any other duties as requested by Management.
• Bachelor degree in Art or Graphic Design or Associate Diploma in Graphic Design (or equivalent) .
• At least 2-3 years experience in a Design and Brand role.
• Strong understanding of job scheduling and print production.
• A proven track record of high performance within a brand / design role.
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite CC, in particular InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator in a Mac environment. Knowledge of Flash and Edge Animate would also be an advantage.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
• Understanding of interactive media and online production.
• The ability to research the current market to source new opportunities.
• Switched on with a fresh, "can-do" attitude.
• Current 1st Aid qualifications
• Any other relevant certificates involving Leadership, Training, WHS
• Experience using Flash and Digital Advertising
• A current Australian driver's license and reliable vehicle
Interested applicants should email a resume which includes samples of your work (maximum 10 MB) firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this job below. Applications close 23rd of February 2014
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.