Online Employment Application
Human Resources Specialist
Department: Human Resources
HUMAN RESOURCES SPECIALIST
Temporary Position - 12 months
We have a unique opportunity for a professional and resourceful person to support our Human Resources department at Australia Zoo.
The successful candidate will possess the following characteristics and competencies:
- Experience in a Human Resources ‘generalist' role with a medium to large sized company
- Experience primarily with staff performance management (performance reviews, counseling, discipline, action plans etc)
- Experience with staff engagement and retention strategies, policies, procedures & activities/tasks
- Experience with Modern Awards and Industrial Relations/the Fair Work Act
- Be highly organized, efficient and responsible with good attention to detail
- Has an approachable manner and displays a positive ‘can do' attitude
- Be a supportive team player who has passion and enthusiasm to develop staff and teams
- Be energetic, flexible and able to support change & new initiatives
- Is a natural communicator with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Competent with computer and IT skills: Outlook, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
- Experience in other HR areas will be highly considered: Workplace Rehabilitation & Return To Work; Recruitment, general WH&S, Training and general HR administration
This role will be fulltime (40 hours pw) and may be required to work part weekends. Transport is essential. This position is to commence early October and is for 12 months - it may lead to a permanent role.
Applications can be submitted to Sandy Whitehead, Human Resources Manager via email:email@example.com
Salary is negotiable and if you have any questions regarding the role, please phone or email.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 7th of September 2014
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.