Online Employment Application
AV Assistant - Casual
Department: Audio Visual
An exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced AV Technician to join the team. This position has a wide variety of projects where no two days the same.
The Audio Visual Assistant is employed to contribute to the daily operations of the AV department.
Duties include (But are not limited to):
- Operation of audio equipment and systems including live audio setup/installation incorporating advanced line array and digital systems, operation of digital and analog mixing consoles and processors, live audio systems maintenance and wireless frequency management.
- Operation of visual equipment and systems including live vision mixing, live vision systems maintenance, live remote camera feed operation, creating and scheduling daily video playlists and maintenance of multiple vision feed splits.
- Filming, editing, compositing and colour grading requirements as requested for cross-media formats including but not restricted to TV broadcast, web and internal screenings.
- Gaining further and applying existing experience and knowledge about production software and hardware.
- Executing practical aspects of all software used within the Audio Visual Department.
- Graphic design.
- Voice over, field and location recording and audio mixing and mastering using advanced signal processing.
- Composing of music for show and video production use.
- Gaining further and applying existing knowledge of video formats and conducting timely conversion under time constraints including advanced video encoding and container use.
- Computer and network maintenance across multiple platforms and operating systems.
- Broad knowledge of multiple computer operating systems.
- Script editing to comply with requested product time limits.
- Being able to work under time restrictions and meet deadlines.
- Assist AV Manager in external enquiries regarding events and equipment
- Programming requirements.
- General operation and maintenance of equipment throughout the zoo including repairs of audio visual and electrical equipment
- Safe operation of audio visual equipment within the guidelines of procedures and occupational health and safety Notifying AV Manager or senior management of any issues to do with maintenance or safety of equipment.
- Fill out any reports such as daily, maintenance, etc accordingly.
- Adherence to company radio procedures.
- Assisting with customer enquiries.
- Liaise with Manager at all times.
- Achieving further development of the AV department
- Working within the guidelines of health and safety procedures to ensure staff and visitor safety.
- Participate in performance training and development reviews or programs as requested by the company both on and off the job.
- Liaise with other departments including (but not limited to): Website, Marketing, Entertainment, Magazine, Wildlife Warriors, HR, Keepers, Photography, Graphics, IT as well as external entities.
- Attend meetings as requested by the AV Manager or Senior Management.
- Other duties as requested by AV Manager or Senior Management.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 4th of September 2017
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.