Online Employment Application
General Labourer - Full time
Department: Big Cats
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity available for someone to join the team.
The role is primary responsibility of meat and diet preparation as well as general maintenance including gardens and lawns.
This is a hands off role which means there will be no physical interaction with any animals.
- Assist in all aspects of construction, maintenance and upkeep of the facility (Mowing, weeding)
- Assist with diet preparation, meat ordering, processing and storage of feed material
- Use of basic tools, gardening machinery, electric saws and knives
- Responsible for the rotation of stock within the freezers / fridge
- Responsible for the organisation and tidiness of sheds
- Be competent in all aspects of Zoo emergency responses ie: fire, dangerous animal escape etc
- Work within guidelines of health and safety procedures to ensure security of animals, staff and guests.
- Commitment to Australia Zoo confidentiality and privacy policies.
- Be prepared to adopt developed practices as deemed necessary by Management for health & safety purposes
- Other duties as requested by your Supervisor/HOD, Curators or Zoo Director.
- Hold current Driver's Licence (Manual) and own transport
- Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday period
- Current 1st Aid qualifications
- Butcher skills
- Landscaping / labouring skills
Apply for this job below. Applications close 4th of March 2018
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.