Online Employment Application
Retail Business Manager
The Retail Manager plays an integral role in the daily running of the Retail Department here at Australia Zoo. Regularly liaising with Management and other departments of the zoo, the Retail Manager is responsible for achieving monthly sales targets, stock levels, store appearance and presentation, providing exceptional and high quality customer service, and the day to day leadership of the team.
The Retail Manager also oversees the training and development of the retail staff ensuring skill gaps are recognised and the appropriate training is received.
The Australia Zoo retail department is relentlessly focused on excellence and strives to ensure guest's shopping experience are the best they can be and an experience on its own. The Photography lab and studio is a part of the Retail department and is overseen by the Retail Manager.
This role is responsible for the Retail and Warehouse budget performance, ensuring key risks and opportunities are highlighted and reported on a monthly basis; provide forecast updates and variance explanations to Senior Management.
The successful person for this role will be target driven and will use their strong strategic development skills to ensure revenue increase across all areas.
- Oversee and manage the photography department
- Assisting & advising Senior Management with budgetary & financial accountabilities.
- Managing department wages, purchases and revenue targets/budgets
- Responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all Retail equipment and hire services
- Directing and overseeing the rostering and management of staff in all retail outlets.
- Directing and assisting in the development and application of training and development programs for retail staff.
- Undertaking performance management systems for individual and team performance.
- Directing and ensuring effective display & merchandising of all products.
- Responsible for effective & efficient stock control & management
- Providing monthly reports to Senior Management (departmental & statistical).
- Managing the department in all aspects of the operational and financial performance
- Communicate, monitor, evaluate and modify the quality and consistency of service and product delivery
- Have the ability to build and establish strong relationships with key stakeholders, local businesses, suppliers and community groups.
- Identify development and operational opportunities to build sales and control costs
- Develop policies, standards and procedures for all aspects of the Retail department
- Continuously meet and improve service standards, ensuring alignment with the overall strategic and operating plans for the business driving revenue targets
- Identify patron's needs and respond proactively
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in a management role within Retail
- Experience in Wholesale purchasing with strong negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, POS)
- Competence in delegating multiple tasks and following up to ensure completion
- Communication and leadership skills
- Up to date with Retail trends and best practices
- Ability to manage personnel and meet financial targets
- Excellent customer service skills and an in-depth knowledge of customer service principles and practice
- Excellent communication skills
- High level of supervisory, decision making and organisation skills
- Exceptional problem solving and planning skills with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Budget Management including gross profit and Stock control
- Must be well presented at all times and lead by example
- Operational and purchasing experience
- Strong skills in product development and brand awareness
If you are the person we're searching for to take our Retail departments to the next level then please apply. Applications will require a cover letter and resume.
Applicants must meet the above criteria. Only those successful for an interview will be contacted
Apply for this job below. Applications close 28th of August 2017
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.