Tribe Talks are presentations conducted in our Education Centre by one of our education officers. All Tribe Talks include a visit from one of our gorgeous animals that your students will be able to touch.
Tribe Talks can be delivered to groups of up to 70 students. Tribe Talks are included in the cost of admission, should you choose to book one. Sessions are limited so be sure to contact us early so you don’t miss out.
- Endangered Species
- We are all aware of the dire situation that our planet's endangered species are facing. We consider the causes and effects that have resulted in a global decline, not seen since the extinction of dinosaurs. We also share information about the amazing work being carried out by Australia Zoo and Wildlife Warriors to turn this situation around.
- Animal Rescue
- An exclusive insight into the remarkable work being carried out by the Australia Zoo Rescue Team as they travel far and wide to save our wildlife. Be inspired by their stories, and discover some practical tips on how you can contribute to wildlife rescue and care.
- Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve
- Go beyond the Zoo to see conservation in action on one of our better known conservation properties. The Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve in Cape York Peninsula is home to threatened species and unique ecosystems, and is of interest to a variety of stakeholders. What will be the future of this piece of paradise?
- Ground-breaking Croc Research
- Our croc team works hand in hand with researchers from the University of Queensland to discover how crocodiles use their environment. We investigate the tools and techniques they use and discover how we are contributing to the scientific community.
- A popular option with upper school groups visiting the Zoo on school camps, this talk provides advice for any students seeking to work in the animal or tourism industry. We also elaborate on the opportunities available within a tourist destination like Australia Zoo.
Or, upgrade to...
Walkabout Tours are guided tours provided by one of our Education Officers. Key commentary is provided at select exhibits in accordance with the topic you have chosen. Walkabout tours can be up to 45 minutes in duration, and are best conducted for groups of between 10-15.
Advanced bookings are essential. If you have any further questions about the content of our programs, or need help selecting one that is right for your group, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- Most Extreme Animals
- Crikey! Have a go at this! This exciting tour shows you the biggest, fastest, longest and most venomous creatures at Australia Zoo. This is a fun, yet educational activity for any year level, where you will meet the rulers of the animal kingdom.