Crikey! What an experience! Come along to Australia Zoo for your chance to get up close and personal to our adorable Sumatran tiger cubs. We have two cute bonzer baby boys, who can't wait to meet you! As part of the experience, guests will receive a 4x6 plus a 6x8 photo of their very special encounter taken by one of our professional photographers.
The two little cubs will play a huge role at the zoo promoting the importance of conservation and education. Our tiger cubs are great ambassadors for raising much needed funds for tiger conservation projects and help raise awareness for tigers in the wild. What a little ripper!
Timing and Days:
- Tiger Cubs Experiences are held daily at 10:30am.
- 30 minute encounter with our Tiger Cubs.
- One professional Australia Zoo Photographer to capture the moment.
- 1 colour 6x8"photograph and 1 colour 4x6" photograph.
Price and Guest Limit:
- $150 per person.
- 5 spaces available daily.
- This is NOT a private experience. If all 5 spaces are not filled at time of booking, the remaining spaces may be sold to other guests.
- Children must be over the age of 10 to participate in Tiger Cub Encounter.
- Children 10yrs-14yrs must be accompanied by a paying adult.
Access to Australia Zoo:
- Does not include entry into the zoo. Admission can be purchased online prior to your visit or on arrival at Australia Zoo.
- Tiger Cub Encounters are subject to availability.
- You can pre-book by calling the Information and Tour Desk on 5436 2002 NO more than 1 week in advance.
- If there are still spaces available, you may book on the day
- During times of inclement weather, the Tiger Cubs Experiences may be moved to a different time or cancelled.
Terms and Conditions
- Session is held at 10:30am daily.
- Once you have booked in you will receive a ticket, a photographer will meet you at the Information Desk 15 minutes prior to start time.
- 50% of the full amount is a non-refunable deposit.
- This deposit is also non-transferable if cancellation is winthin 48hrs of the session.
- Patrons who arrive late or not at all will not receive a refund.
- Available only to participants who are ten years of age and above.
- Children 10yrs - 14yrs must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Closed in and flat shoes must be worn for the session.
- No flowing skirts or dresses.
- Participants must have full motor skill and intellectual capacities.
- Each guest must speak english or pay to have an interpreter with them.
- All participants must agree to follow all instructions given by the handlers.
- Participants may be asked to cease the experience at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to the session.
- No personal items are permitted in the enclosure including cameras.
- Do not under any circumstances attempt to pick up or roughly handle any of the Tigers.
- Tigers can be patted on the back only; please do not touch their heads or faces.
- As these encounters primarily form part of the cubs exercise, it will not be a formal session. That is, whenever the cub stops - everyone stops. This time will be utilised for photo opportunities.
- No wheelchairs or walking aids permitted on the encounter.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
- An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the session. One 6x8 and one 4x6 photo is included in the cost.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.