Visit Australia's busiest wildlife hospital, where you can observe our extraordinary team of vets as they save precious wildlife right in front of your eyes.
The Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital was opened in 2004, inspired by the memory of Steve's mum, Lyn Irwin, who was a pioneer in wildlife care.
All monies raised from this tour goes directly back to the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital.
Timing and Days
- Two 30min tours runs daily at 2:30pm and 3.30pm.
Package and Price
- Hospital tour costs vary for internal and external guests. Please note that prices do not include admission to Australia Zoo. Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
Internal - patrons also visiting Australia Zoo on the same day.
Adults - $19 ,Children - $9
External - patrons not visiting Australia Zoo.
Adults - $49, Children - $34
- All children 14 years and under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Maximum of 8 people per tour.
Hospital tours can be pre-booked or booked on the day (subject to availability). Bookings can be taken by phone, email, online or in person at the Information Desk (within zoo) or at the Wildlife Hospital Tour Desk. The hospital will also take “walk in” external bookings. The Terms & Conditions and Indemnity & Release forms must be completed and signed prior to the tour. Any persons under 18 years of age must also have a parent or guardian fill out the Declaration for Minors form.
Call the Information & Tour Desk on (07) 5436 2002 or email using our contact form.
Terms and Conditions
- NO age restrictions apply. A full-paying accompanying adult must closely supervise children at all times.
- Participants must follow the instructions of the tour guide at all times. Noise levels must be kept to a minimum.
- Due to the nature of a working animal hospital, it may be deemed necessary to terminate a tour at any time. In the event of termination, participants have the option of a refund or to re-schedule.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to beginning the tour.
- No items of food are permitted on the tour. Cameras are permitted as long as the flash is switched off.
- Flat suitable footwear must be worn during the Tour.
- Please be aware that you are entering a working animal hospital and surgical procedures may take place during your tour.
- Participants take part in the tour at their own risk.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.