Check out the state-of-the-art Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, Australia's busiest wildlife hospital, where you can observe our extraordinary team of vets as they save precious wildlife right in front of your eyes.
The Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital was opened in 2004, inspired by the memory of Steve's mum, Lyn Irwin, who was a pioneer in wildlife care.
All monies raised from this tour goes directly back to the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital.
Timing and Days
- One 30min tour runs daily at 2:30pm.
- Participants must meet at the Widlife Hospital 5 minutes prior to start time of tour.
Package and Price
- Hospital tour costs vary for internal and external guests. Please note that prices do not include admission to Australia Zoo. Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
Internal - patrons also visiting Australia Zoo on the same day.
- Adults - $20, Children - $10, Family 4 - $55, Family 5 - $60
External - patrons not visiting Australia Zoo.
- Adults - $50, Children - $35, Family of 4 - $150
- All children 14 years and under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Maximum of 8 people per tour.
Hospital tours can be pre-booked or booked on the day (subject to availability). Bookings can be taken by phone, email or in person at the Information Desk (within zoo) or at the Wildlife Hospital Tour Desk. The hospital will also take “walk in” external bookings. The Terms & Conditions and Indemnity & Release forms must be completed and signed prior to the tour. Any persons under 18 years of age must also have a parent or guardian fill out the Declaration for Minors form.
Call the Information & Tour Desk on (07) 5436 2002 or email using our contact form.
Terms and Conditions
Participants must be aware that noise levels must be kept to a minimum.
- No age restrictions apply however all children 14 years and under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Participants must agree to follow the instructions of the tour guide at all times.
- Due to the nature of a working animal hospital, it may be deemed necessary to terminate a tour at any time. In the event of termination, participants have the option of a refund or to re-schedule.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to beginning the tour.
- No items of food are permitted on the tour.
- Please be aware that you are entering a working animal hospital and surgical procedures may take place during your tour.
- Participants take part in the tour at their own risk.
« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.