Whoever would have thought... a camel's hump actully stores fat, not water as commonly believed. Climb aboard for a leisurely walk on these gorgeous animals and go behind the scenes of Australia Zoo to discover our off display Alligator pond.
Timing and Days:
- Caravanning Camel Rides are held 7 days a week.
- Session is between 30-40minutes in duration and are conducted at 1pm daily.
- A professional Australia Zoo Photographer to capture the moment.
- One 6"x8" photo per paying person.
Price and Guest Limit:
- Bookings should be made in advance through the Information and Tour Desk at Australia Zoo on (07) 5436 2002 or email via our contact form .
- If available, bookings can be made on the day before 12:30!
Terms and Conditions
1. Caravanning Camel Rides are only available to participants 3 years old and above. Children 3-14yrs must be accompanied by a paying adult.
2. Height restrictions apply; children who are shorter than112cms can ride free in the lap of a paying adult. Children 112cms tall or above are charged as paying customer.
3. Weight restriction applies: MAX 90kg per adult + MAX 60kg per child per camel.
4. Maximum 3 Adults & 3 Children per session time e.g. 1 adult +1 child per camel.
5. All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers at all times.
6. Guests must meet at the Tiger Cart 5mins prior to their session time.
7. Everyone must wear helmet (sprayed after each use - no hair nets required)
8. Sensible flat footwear must be worn.
9. No personal items are permitted to be taken on the session. (Backpacks, cameras, etc.)
10. Duration: 30-40 minutes
11. Disability Access: Must have reasonable motor skills, able to keep balance; hang on at all times, no fidgeting on the animals back, no yelling etc.
12. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injury received. First Aid will be called if required.
13. Participants may be asked to cease the session/s at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
14. An Australia Zoo photographer will be present at the encounter-
a. One 6x8 photo is included per paying customer. Copies are available from the Fuji Photography lab for an extra cost.
15. Caravanning Camel Rides may be subject to the weather.
16. If Australia Zoo cancels the sessions for any reason a full refund will be given.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.