Learn all you need to know about the fastest land mammal in the world. Our keepers will let you hangout and get hands on with one of our regal cheetahs, while a photographer snaps away.
Timing and Days:
- Cheetah Encounters are held 7 days a week.
- Cheetah Encounters are conducted from 3.00pm - 3.30pm.
- A professional Australia Zoo Photographer to capture the moment.
- Two photos per person (one 8"x6" and one 4"x6").
- A longer hands on time than the Cheetah Snapshot.
Price and Guest Limit:
- $150 per person.
- Maximum of 4 participants per Encounter.
- Minimum age of participants is 15 years.
Access to Australia Zoo:
- Guests who do not wish to enter the Zoo must check-in at the Group Bookings Booth (admissions) no later than 2.40pm.
- If guests do not wish to pay for entry our Australia Zoo Photographer will meet them at admissions and escort them to and from the encounter. Photos will be posted unless guests would like to to wait at admissions while they're being developed.
- Entry into Australia Zoo is not included, however, a 20% discount off entry is available for guests who wish to visit the zoo on the day of their experience.
- Bookings should be made in advance through the Information and Tour Desk at Australia Zoo on (07) 5436 2002 or email via our contact form
- If available, bookings are able to be made on the day before 2.30pm.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit will be required to make a booking.
- Cheetah Encounters may be cancelled if the weather is bad. The encounter will be rescheduled for later that day or the next available date.
Terms and Conditions
- Big Cat Encounters are available to participants who are 15 years of age and above only.
- Cancellation within 48 hours of the Encounter shall result in forfeiture of the deposit.
- Cancellation other than in accordance with condition 2 shall result in forfeiture of 50% of the deposit.
- Entry is NOT included however 20% off (entry) can be offered if you wish to visit the zoo. Only available for pre-bookings!
- If you are not visiting Australia Zoo on the day you must check-in at the admissions Group Bookings booth no later than 2:40pm! You will then be escorted to the information desk to sign in for your encounter and pay the balance of your booking.
- If entry is purchased (20% off) guests will need to make their way to the information desk no later than 12 noon to check-in.
- Big Cat Encounters are subject to the weather. You must be aware that the encounter may be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the encounter. The encounter will be rescheduled for later in the day or the next available date, at the handler's discretion.
- No personal items or food are permitted on the encounter, this includesCAMERAS.
- Price includes ONE 4x6 & ONE 6x8 photo per person. Entry to Australia Zoo is not included.
- Guests must be fit and healthy, have full motor skill capacity and be able to squat/kneel down and stand up quickly & without assistances. If any participants arrive and cannot display this, the encounter will not go ahead.
- Guests with limps, wheelchairs or walking aids are not permitted on the encounter.
- Each guest must have full intellectual abilities.
- Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
- Enclosed and flat suitablefootwearmust be worn during the encounter. Shoes that have been recently worn around grazing animals (eg. horse boots) are not allowed.
- Clothing should be neutral in colour and not overly baggy or frilly.
- Pants should be knee length or longer. NO short shorts, skirts or dresses allowed.
- No over powering scents/perfumes and no loud accessories (bells, bracelets/bangles etc.).
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers at all times.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to beginning the encounter.
- Please remember that Big Cats are predatory animals and are quite capable of exercising their natural instincts.
- Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the Cheetah.
- The Cheetah can be patted on the back only; please do not touch their heads, faces or any other body parts.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
- Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person on the day to participate in the encounter for safety or other reasons.
- Guests are welcome to have their photo proofs posted out to them if not visiting Australia Zoo on the day.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.