Check out our cheeky cheetahs up close on a cheetah encounter!
While you enjoy this amazing experience, one of our professional photographers will capture this incredible moment.
Timing and Days:
- Cheetah Encounters are held 7 days a week.
- Cheetah Encounters are conducted from 3.30pm - 4.00pm.
- A professional Australia Zoo Photographer to capture the moment.
- Two photos per person (one 8"x6" and one 4"x6").
Price and Guest Limit:
- $150 per person.
- Maximum of 4 participants per Encounter.
- Minimum age of participants is 15 years.
Access to Australia Zoo:
- All guests must check-in at the Group Bookings Booth (admissions) no later than 3.00pm.
- If guests do not wish to pay for entry our Australia Zoo Photographer will meet them at admissions and escort them to and from the encounter. Photos will be posted unless guests would like to to wait at admissions while they're being developed.
- Entry into Australia Zoo is not included, however, a 20% discount off entry is available for guests who wish to visit the zoo on the day of their experience.
- Bookings should be made in advance through the Information and Tour Desk at Australia Zoo on (07) 5436 2002 or email via our contact form
- If available, bookings are able to be made on the day before 1.30pm.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit will be required to make a booking.
- Cheetah Encounters may be cancelled if the weather is bad. The encounter will be rescheduled for later that day or the next available date.
Terms and Conditions
- A 50% deposit (non-refundable) is required upon booking. This deposit is also non-transferable if cancellation is within 48hrs of the Encounter.
- Big Cat Encounters are available to participants who are 15 years of age and above only.
- Enclosed shoes and either long shorts or pants may be worn during the encounter.
- Clothing should be fitted (not overly baggy) and neutral in colour. No bright colours or loud clothing.
- All participants must agree to follow all instructions given by the handlers at all times.
- There are a maximum of four participants per Encounter.li>
- Participants must be fit and healthy and have full motor skill capacity. It is essential for the safety of our guests that all participants must be able to squat/kneel down and stand back up quickly without assistance.li>
- Participants must have no limps, wheelchairs or walking aides.
- . (This is due to the possibility of cats rolling over in toward the guests.)
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler’s discretion.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to beginning the encounter.
- No personal items or food are to be taken on the encounter, this includes cameras. Mobile phones must be switched off.
- Please remember that Big Cats are predatory animals and are quite capable of exercising their natural instincts.
- Do not under any circumstances attempt to pick up or roughly handle the Big Cat.
- The Big Cat can be patted on the back only; please do not touch their heads, faces or any other body parts.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received, including scratches and bites. First Aid will be called if required.
- An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the Encounter to capture the action. Photos can be posted or collected from the photo lab on the day, depending on whether entry has been paid.
- The Big Cat Encounter will be cancelled if weather is bad. The encounter will be rescheduled for later that day or the next available date.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.