Come have a photo with a Cheeky Cheetah. How many people get the chance to get right up close to a cheetah? Well here at Australia Zoo, you can get so close you may hear them purr.
Timing and Days
- Photos taken from 11.30am - 11.45am. Participants must meet at the African shuttle stop 10 minutes prior to photo.
Price and Guest Limit
- $60 per group (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- 15 years and above only.
- Maximum of 2 people per group.
- Maximum 5 groups per day.
- Bookings can be made at the Information & Tour Desk by 10.30am on the day.
- Includes one 6x8 photograph per group.
Terms and Conditions
- Cheeky Cheetah Snap Shots are available to participants who are 15 years of age and above only.
- All participants must agree to follow all instructions given by the handlers at all times.
- Participants must have full motor skill capacity and have no limps, wheelchairs or walking aides.
- For the safety of our guests, all participants must be able to squat/kneel down and stand back up quickly without assistance.
- Participants may be asked to cease the session/s at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to beginning the session.
- No personal items are permitted during the session.
- Please remember that Cheetahs are predatory animals and are quite capable of exercising their natural instincts.
- Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the cheetah.
- The cheetah can be patted on the back only; please do not touch their heads, faces or any other body parts.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
- An Australia Zoo photographer will meet prebooked participants at 11.10am at the African Cart. One 6x8 photo is included in the cost. Copies are available from the Fuji Photography lab for an extra cost.
- Cheeky Cheetah Snap Shots are subject to the weather. Patrons must be aware that the sessions may be cancelled if bad weather occurs.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.