Make A Booking
To confirm details and make a booking
call Australia Zoo on (07) 5436 2002
(International +61 7 5436 2002)
or by using our Online Contact Form.
Have a go at this! Australia Zoo is the only Zoo in the world where you can get up close with a Komodo Dragon!
Komodo's are the largest species of lizard, growing to lengths of over 3 metres and weighing up to 100kg!
You can hang out with this amazing endangered species during our Colossal Komodo experience and a professional photographer will capture the moment. Wooo-hoo!
Timing and Days
- One encounter is held per day.
- Komodo encounters are held 7 days of the week.
- Komodo encounters are held from 11.15am-11.35am.
- One professional Australia Zoo photographer to capture the moment.
- One 8"x6" photo & one 4"x6" photo included.
Price & Guest Limit
- $200AUD single or $300AUD couple. (excludes entry to Australia Zoo.)
- Maximum of two participants per encounter.
- Bookings can be made in advance online or through the Tour Desk at Australia Zoo on (07) 5436 2002 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 50% of the total amount is a non-refundable deposit and will be taken at the time of the booking.
- Bookings can be made on the same day if available.
- For further information or to make a booking please contact Guest Services on (07) 5436 2002.
- Cost of encounter does not include entry to Australia Zoo. Entry can be pre-paid or purchased at the gate on arrival.
Terms and Conditions
- Komodo Encounters are available to participants who are 15 years of age and above only.
- Cancellation within 48 hours of the Encounter shall result in forfeiture of the deposit.
- Cancellation other than in accordance with condition 2 shall result in forfeiture of 50% of the deposit.
- Entry is not included however 20% off (entry) can be offered if you wish to visit the zoo. If entering, guests will need to make their way to the information desk no later than 10:30am to check-in.
- If you are NOT visiting Austrlia Zoo on the day you must check-in at the admissions Group Bookings Booth no later or earlier than 10:30am. You will then be escorted to the information desk to sign in for your encounter and pay the balance of your booking.
- Komodo Encounters are subject to the weather. You must be aware that the encounter may be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the Encounter. The encounter will be rescheduled for later in the day or the next available date, at the handler's discretion.
- No personal items or food are permitted on the encounter, this includesCAMERAS.
- Price includes ONE 4x6 & ONE 6x8 photos per person. Entry to Australia Zoo is not included.
- Guests must be fit and healthy, have full motor skill capacity, and be able to squat/kneel down and stand up quickly & without assistances. If any participants arrive and cannot display this, the encounter will not go ahead.
- Guests with limps, wheelchairs or walking aids are not permitted on the encounter.
- Each guest must have full intellectual abilities.
- Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
- Enclosed and flat suitablefootwearmust be worn during the encounter. Shoes that have been recently worn around grazing animals (eg. horse boots) are not allowed.
- Clothing should be neutral in colour and not be overly baggy or frilly.
- Pants should be knee length or longer. NO short shorts, skirts or dresses allowed.
- No over powering scents/perfumes and no loud accessories (bells, bracelets/bangles etc.).
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers at all times.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to beginning the encounter.
- Please remember that Komodo's are predatory animals and are quite capable of exercising their natural instincts.
- Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the Komodo Dragon.
- The Dragon can be patted on the back only; please do not touch their heads, faces or any other body parts.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
- Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person on the day if the Session to participate in the encounter for safety or other reasons.
- Guests are welcome to have their photo proofs posted out to them if not visiting Australia Zoo on the day.
« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.