This is your opportunity to have a long Koala cuddle while also learning all about this most famous Aussie animal. Learn about eucalyptus and all things koala with one of our experienced keepers.
Timing and Days
- One Koala encounter is held daily.
- Encounters run from 1:45pm - 1:55pm.
Price and Guest Limit
- $40 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- Minimum age 8 years.
- Maximum 4 people per encounter.
- Bookings can be made at the Information & Tour Desk by 1:15pm on the day of the encounter or can be made in advance by calling (07) 5436 2002 or by email via our contact form.
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Terms and Conditions
- Available to participants aged 8 years and above.
- Children 8 -14yrs may need assistance holding the Koala and MUST be accompanied to the enclosure by an adult.
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
- Participants must have reasonable motor skills.
- Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
- The enclosure is accessible for wheelchairs.
- Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of the experience.
- An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the encounter to capture the action. Photos taken will be available for purchase from the Fuji Photography lab. (Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person)
- If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
- Guests must be aware they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, please see Indemnity & Release attached.
- Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person doing to participate for safety or other reasons.
« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.