This is your opportunity to have a long Koala cuddle while also learning all about this most famous Aussie animal. Learn about eucalyptus and all things koala with one of our experienced keepers.
Timing and Days
- Three Koala encounters are held daily.
- Encounters run at 8:30am, 11.00am and 1.45pm. Please select your preferred time slot upon booking.
- $39 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- Minimum age 8 years.
- Maximum 4 people per encounter.
- Bookings can be made online in advance or by calling 07 5436 2002. You can also book on the day (subject to availability) at the Information & Tour Desk a minimum of 30 minutes prior to encounter.
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Terms and Conditions
- Available to participants aged 8 years and above.
- Children 8 -14yrs and under 140cms may not be able to hold the koala.
- Entry into Zoo must be purchased.
- If participating in the 8:30am encounter, children must be accompanied by a paying adult and only paid participants can attend.
- Children MUST be accompanied to the enclosure by an adult.
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
- Participants must have reasonable motor skills.
- Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
- The enclosure is accessible for wheelchairs.
- Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of the experience.
- An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the encounter to capture the action. Photos taken will be available for purchase from the Fuji Photography lab. (Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person)
- Upon paying admissions, please go to the Information & Tours Desk no later than 10.30am to check in for the 11am and 1:45pm sessions, or at Admissions no later than 8:10am.
- If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
- Guests must be aware they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, please see Indemnity & Release attached.
- Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person doing to participate for safety or other reasons.
- Paid admissions is compulsory to be able to participate in any Australia Zoo Tours or Encounters.
« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.