Take part in an interactive, educational experience with one of Australia's native icons! This sticky-beak little creature is one of the most interesting animals around, and you'll never forget this up-close encounter, these gorgeous spiky little echidnas may even sit on your lap so you can hand feed them!
Timing and Days
- One Echidna encounter is held daily.
- Encounters run from 1:45pm - 2:05pm.
Price and Guest Limit
- $40 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- Minimum age 1 years. Children 1-5 years must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Maximum of 4 people per encounter.
- Bookings can be made at the Information & Tour Desk by 1:15pm on the day of the encounter or can be made in advance by calling (07) 5436 2002 or email via our contact form.
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Terms and Conditions
- Available to participants who are 1+ years of age and above. Children aged1-5 MUST be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Children 1 -14yrs MUST be accompanied to the enclosure by an adult.
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
- Participants must have reasonable motor skills.
- Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
- The enclosure is not accessible for wheelchairs.
- Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
- All interaction will be instigated by the Echidnas.
- An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the encounter to capture the action. Photos taken will be available for purchase from the Fuji Photography lab. (Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person)
- If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
- Guests must be aware they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, please see Indemnity & Release attached.
- Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person doing to participate for safety or other reasons.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.