You can now take a tour of our amazing Giraffe compound. Go behind the scenes and check out where these guys hang out and have the chance to meet the tallest land animal in existence.
Wooo-hoo! With males reaching heights of 5.5 metres (18 ft) and weighing up to 1900kg, these really are impressive animals...and if you're lucky you may even be able to tempt them to a bite to eat, straight from your hands. Crikey!
Only available until Sunday the 19th May 2013.
Timing and Days
- One Giraffe tour is held daily.
- Tours run from 3pm-3.20pm. Booked participants must meet at the Information & Tour Desk 15 minutes prior to the tour.
- The Giraffe are not currently on display so only paying participants may go on the tour.
Price and Guest Limit
- $60 per person. Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- Maximum of 5 people per tour.
- Bookings can be made at the Information & Tour Desk by 2pm on the day of the encounter or can be made in advance by calling (07) 5436 2002 or by email via our contact form.
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
- Particpants must have sensible footwear.
Terms and Conditions
1. There is no age restriction on Giraffe Tours, however, children 14yrs & under must be accompanied by a paying adult.
2. Sensible footwear must be worn during the encounter.
3. All participants must agree to follow all instructions given by the handlers at all times.
4. Participants that use wheelchairs or walking aides must advise staff upon booking.
5. Participants may be asked to cease the tour at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
6. Daily interaction with Giraffes may vary.
7. No personal items or food are permitted during the tour with the exception of cameras.
8. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received during the tour. First Aid will be called if required.
9. Australia Zoo reserves the right to cancel the encounter due to an animal welfare or staffing issue. A full refund will be given.
10. An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the encounter to capture the action. Photos will be available for viewing and purchase from the Fujifilm photography lab 30 minutes after the encounter has taken place. Price includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
11. Giant Giraffe Tours may be subject to the weather. If the tour is cancelled a full refund will be given or alternative encounter offered.« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.