Book This Encounter
My Animal Encounter
By Naomi Journeau, from the UK
I recently visited the Zoo with my family, and I felt I needed to send you a message to say what an amazing time we all had. The Zoo is beautiful and we loved the way every enclosure was presented; They looked liked the animal's original habitat! Every member of staff we met were very polite and friendly; I met a member of staff giving out maps just before the entrance and I told him I was going to have an elephant encounter, I then saw him again at the end of the day and he asked how it went. I thought it was lovely that he remembered and thought to ask.
The elephant encounter was OUT OF THIS WORLD! I have wanted to take part in something like that all my life, but they don't offer it in England. I really can't explain what the experience meant to me. The elephants were so well behaved and beautiful I didn't want it to end. The keepers were so helpful and full of knowledge and were happy to answer all my questions. I would like to say a BIG THANK-YOU to them for making my Encounter an amazing experience that I will never forget.
Imagine getting right up close to the largest land animal in the world. Crikey!
Here at Australia Zoo you and your family and friends can personally meet our gorgeous Asian Elephants! You will certainly appreciate the size of these awesome animals as you go right into their home and are introduced to Sabu and Bimbo.
You may even get to hand-feed or brush them. We will share with you amazing facts about our gorgeous girls, plus a professional photographer will capture this very special moment, and you will receive an awesome photo package to remember this once in a lifetime experience!
Timing and Days
- One Elephant encounter is held daily.
- Encounters run from 1:30pm - 1.55pm. Participants must meet at the Information Desk 10 minutes prior to encounter.
Price and Guest Limit
- $145.00 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- Minimum age 8 years. All children 8-14yrs must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Maximum of 4 people per encounter.
- Bookings can be made at the Information Desk by 1:15pm on the day of the encounter or can be made in advance by calling (07) 5436 2002 or emailing via our contact form.
- Includes 2 photographs (one 4"x6" and one 6"x8").
- 10% discount voucher to use in our Elephantasia shop.
- Particpants must wear enclosed shoes.
Terms and Conditions
- Elephant encounters are available to participants who are 8 years of age and above only. All children 8-14yrs must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Enclosed footwear must be worn during the encounter.
- Participants must agree to follow all instructions given by the handlers.
- Participants must have full motor skill and intellectual capacities.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler’s discretion.
- No personal items are permitted into the enclosure with the exception of cameras.
- Daily interaction with the Elephants may vary.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received.First Aid will be called if required.
- An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the encounter to capture the action. Photos will be available for viewing and purchase from the Fujifilm photography lab 30 minutes after the encounter has taken place. Price includes two photos(one 4"x6" and one 6"x8").
- The Elephant Encounter may be cancelled if the weather is bad and a refund given.
- Australia Zoo reserves the right to cancel the encounter due to an animal welfare or staffing issue. A full refund will be given.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.