Have a go at this! Australia Zoo is bursting at the seams with excitement as Zoo guests can now participate in an encounter with our gorgeous troop of Ring-tailed Lemurs!
The encounter will take you behind the scenes to meet our cheeky lemur boys! You will be able to get up close and personal with these guys and you may even get the chance to hand feed them! With our knowledgeable and friendly keeper’s right there to answer any questions, you will learn all about this playful species.
The encounter also includes a sneak peak at the future plans for our lemur troop and a glimpse at our two Black and White Ruffed Lemurs!
Timing and Days
- One Lemur encounter is held daily.
- Encounters run from 1.00pm - 1.30pm. Participants need to meet at the Information & Tour Desk 15 minutes prior to encounter.
Price and Guest Limit
- $80 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- Minimum age 4 years. All children 4-14 years must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Maximum of 4 people per encounter.
- The Lemurs are not currently on display so only paying participants may go on the tour.
- Bookings can be made at the Information & Tour Desk by 12.00pm on the day of the encounter or can be made in advance by calling (07) 5436 2002 or emailing via our contact form.
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Terms and Conditions
- Lemur Encounters are only available to participants who are 4 years of age and above. Children 4-14yrs must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Sensible footwear must be worn during the encounter.
- All participants must agree to follow instructions given by the handlers at all times.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler’s discretion.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to the encounter.
- No personal items or food are permitted during the encounter with the exception of cameras.
- Daily interaction with the Lemurs may vary. All interaction will be instigated by the Lemurs’.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
- An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the encounter to capture the action. Photos will be available for viewing and purchase from the Fujifilm photography lab 30 minutes after the encounter has taken place. Price includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
- The Lemur Encounter will be cancelled if weather is bad and a refund given.
- Patrons with Cold and Flu symptoms may not be permitted on the encounter.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.