Isn't she gorgeous? Have a very special experience with a possum where you may be lucky enough to hand feed our little beauty treats of grapes and blossoms.
Timing and Days
- One Possum encounter is held daily.
- Encounters run from 11.15am-11.35am. Participants must meet at the Information & Tour Desk 10 minutes prior to encounter.
Price and Guest Limit
- $30 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- Minimum age 6 years.
- Maximum of 4 people per encounter.
- Bookings can be made at the Information & Tour Desk by 10.45am on the day of the encounter or in advance by calling (07) 5436 2002 or email via our contact form.
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Terms and Conditions
- Possum encounters are only available to participants who are 6 years of age and above. All children must be accompanied to the enclosure by a supervising adult.
- Daily interaction with the possum may vary.
- All participants must agree to follow instructions given by the handlers.
- Participants may be asked to cease the experience at any time at the handlers' discretion.
- Please ensure that you wash your hands both before and after the encounter.
- No personal items are permitted into the experience area, with the exception of cameras.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received during the experience. First Aid will be called if required
- An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the encounter to capture the action. Photos will be available for viewing and purchase from the Fujifilm photography lab 30 minutes after the encounter has taken place. Price includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.