Not just a pony with a funky paint job, Zambezi our friendliest Zebra is ready to let you pat and feed him but first you have a chance to feed one of our giant giraffe and pose for a photo!
Timing and Days
- One Short n Tall of Africa encounter is held daily.
- Encounters run from 1.00pm -1.20pm.
Price and Guest Limit
- $79.00 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- Minimum age is 4years. Children aged 4 - 14 years must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Maximum of 4 people per encounter.
- Bookings can be made in advance online or by calling 07 5436 2002. You can also book on the day (subject to availability) at the Information & Tour Desk before 12.30pm.
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
1. The encounter is available to guests aged 4 years and over. Children aged 4-14 must be accompanied by a paying, participating adult. Only participating guests will be taken to the enclosure, other party members won't have a clear view of this encounter
2. Guests must check in at the Information Desk no later than midday.
3. No personal items are to be taken into the enclosures with the exception of a camera. An Australia Zoo photographer will be present to capture the action. Photos are available to purchase at the Fuji Photo Lab. Included with this encounter is a Australia Zoo Photo Gift per ticket.
4. Wheelchair bound guests may be able to participate in this encounter. To enquire about booking please contact the Australia Zoo Information Desk via email (email@example.com) or 07 5436 2002.
General Animal Encounter Terms and Conditions
1. Entry is not included; guests must have a valid Zoo entry to participate in any encounters.
2. If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
3. Cancellation within 48 hours will result in forfeiture of 50% of the full fee.
4. Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
5. All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
6. Participants must have reasonable motor skills.
7. Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying participating interpreter with them.
8. Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
9. Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion
10. Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person to participate for safety or other reasons.
11. All interaction will be instigated by the animals.
12. Guests must be aware they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, please see Indemnity & Release information provided.
13. Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
14. All encounters are subject to change without notice.
*Please alert staff if you have any serious allergies.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.