Get up close and personal with one of our gorgeous Sumatran or Bengal Tigers during our tiger photo session.
You will think you are in Southeast Asia with the authentic looking surroundings that create an amazing backdrop for your photographic package. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to get this close to these majestic animals up close while our professional photographer captures this precious moment.
Timing and Days:
- Tiger Photo Sessions are held 7 days a week.
- Tiger Photo Sessions are conducted from 3.20pm - 3.35pm.
- If available, daily session must be booked by 2.20pm.
- A professional Australia Zoo Photographer to capture the moment.
- Two photos per person (one 8"x6" and one 4"x6").
Price and Guest Limit:
- $400 for 3-4 guests or $300 for 1-2 guests.
- Maximum of 4 participants per session.
- Minimum age of participants is 15 years.
Access to Australia Zoo:
- All guests must check-in at the Group Bookings Booth (admissions) upon arrival.
- If guests do not wish to pay for entry one of our Australia Zoo Photographers will meet guests at admissions and escort them to and from the encounter. Photos will be posted unless guests would prefer to wait at admissions while they're being developed.
- Entry into Australia Zoo is not included, however, a 20% discount off entry is available if the group wishes to visit the zoo after their experience.
- If entry is purcahsed guests must check-in at the Information Desk by 11am to sign in.
- Bookings should be made in advance through the Information and Tour Desk at Australia Zoo on (07) 5436 2002 or email via our contact form
- If available, bookings can be made on the day before 2.50pm.
- A 50% deposit (non-refundable) is required upon booking. This deposit is also non-transferable if cancellation is within 48hrs of photo session.
- The Tiger Photo Session may be cancelled if the weather is bad. The encounter will be rescheduled for later that day or the next available date.
Terms and Conditions
- Big Cat Encounters are available to participants who are 15 years of age and above only.
- Cancellation within 48 hours of the Session shall result in forfeiture of the deposit.
- Cancellation other than in accordance with condition 2 shall result in forfeiture of 50% of the deposit.
- Entry not included however 20% off (entry) can be offered if you wish to visit the zoo. If entry is purchased guests will need to make their way to the information desk no later than 11am for check-in.
- If you are NOT visiting Australia Zoo on the day you must check-in at the Admissions Group Bookings Booth no later or earlier than 2:50pm! You will then be escorted to the information desk to sign in and pay your balance.
- Big Cat Encounters are subject to the weather. You must be aware that the encounter may be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the Session. The encounter will be rescheduled for later in the day or the next available date, at the handler's discretion.
- No personal items or food are permitted on the encounter, this includesCAMERAS. Price includes ONE 4x6 & ONE 6x8 photos per person. Entry to Australia Zoo is not included.
- Guests must be fit and healthy, have full motor skill capacity, and be able to squat/kneel down and stand up quickly & without assistances. If any participants arrive and cannot display this, the encounter will not go ahead.
- Guests with limps, wheelchairs or walking aids are not permitted on the encounter.
- Each guest must have full intellectual abilities, be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
- Enclosed and flat suitablefootwearmust be worn during the encounter. Shoes that have been recently worn around grazing animals (eg. horse boots) are not allowed.
- Clothing should be neutral in colour and not be overly baggy or frilly.
- Pants should be knee length or longer. NO short shorts, skirts or dresses allowed.
- No over powering scents/perfumes and no loud accessories (bells, bracelets/bangles etc.).
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers at all times.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to beginning the encounter.
- Please remember that Big Cats are predatory animals and are quite capable of exercising their natural instincts.
- Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the Big Cat.
- The Big Cat can be patted on the back only; please do not touch their heads, faces or any other body parts.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
- Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person participating in the Session for safety or other reasons.
- Guests are welcome to have their photo proofs posted out to them if not visiting Australia Zoo on the day.
- You will receive a confirmation email. Everyone participating must read, understand and forward it back to us ASAP.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.