Take a walk on the wild side, literally!
Enjoy these awesome animals up close - just you and your family or friends! Take a walk with our drop-dead gorgeous tigers as one of our professional photographers captures this special, once in a lifetime moment.
Timing and Days:
- Tiger Walks are held 7 days a week.
- Tiger Walks are conducted from 8:30am - 9:00am. Participants must meet at Australia Zoo Admissions at 8:00am.
- A professional Australia Zoo Photographer to capture the action.
- Three photos per person (two 4"x6" and one 8"x6"). Discounted photo packages available.
Price and Guest Limit:
- $500 for 3-4 guests or $400 for 1-2 guests.
- Maximum of 4 participants per walk.
- Minimum age of participants is 15 years.
Access to Australia Zoo:
- As Tiger Walks are held prior to opening hours, guests are required to be at Australia Zoo's admission gates 30 minutes prior to the encounter, where they will be greeted and escorted into Zoo premises.
- Entry into Australia Zoo is not included, however, a 20% discount off entry is available if the group wishes to visit the zoo after their experience.
- Bookings must be made in advance through the Australia Zoo Information and Tour Desk on (07) 5436 2002 or email via our contact form
- The Tiger Walk may be cancelled if the weather is bad. The encounter will be rescheduled for later that day or the next available date.
Terms and Conditions
- Big Cat Encounters are available to participants who are 15 years of age and above only.
- Cancellation within 48 hours of the Walk shall result in forfeiture of the deposit.
- Cancellation other than in accordance with condition 2 shall result in forfeiture of 50% of the deposit.
- Entry not included however 20% of (entry) can be offered if you wish to visit the zoo. Only available for pre-bookings!
- Big Cat Encounters are subject to the weather. You must be aware that the encounter may be cancelled if bad weather occurs before or during the Walk. The encounter will be rescheduled for later in the day or the next available date, at the handler's discretion.
- No personal items or food are permitted on the encounter, this includesCAMERAS.
- Price includes TWO 4x6 & ONE 6x8 photos per person. Entry to Australia Zoo is not included.
- Guests must be fit and healthy, have full motor skill capacity, be able to walk at a reasonable pace over rough terrain for 30 minutes and be able to squat/kneel down and stand up quickly & without assistances. If any participants arrive and cannot display this, the encounter will not go ahead.
- Guests with limps, wheelchairs or walking aids are not permitted on the encounter.
- Each guest must have full intellectual abilities.
- Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
- Enclosed and flat suitablefootwearmust be worn during the encounter. Shoes that have been recently worn around grazing animals (eg. horse boots) are not allowed.
- Clothing should be neutral in colour and not be overly baggy or frilly.
- Pants should be knee length or longer. NO short shorts, skirts or dresses allowed.
- No over powering scents/perfumes and no loud accessories (bells, bracelets/bangles etc.).
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers at all times.
- As these walks primarily form part of the Big Cats exercise, it will not be a formal session. That is, whenever the Big Cat stops - everyone stops. This time will then be utilised for photo opportunities
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to beginning the encounter.
- Please remember that Big Cats are predatory animals and are quite capable of exercising their natural instincts.
- Do not under any circumstances attempt to roughly handle the Big Cat.
- The Big Cat can be patted on the back only; please do not touch their heads, faces or any other body parts.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
- Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person on the day if the Walk to participate in the encounter for safety or other reasons.
- Patrons must be at the front entrance by 8:00am.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.