You will be the envy of the crowd by actually being a part of our tortoise display and getting right in with these grand creatures.
These guys absolutely love pats and cuddles and you can watch them chew through their lunch - cool as a cucumber!
Timing and Days
- One Tortoise encounter is held daily.
- Encounters run from 1.00pm - 1.20pm.
Price and Guest Limit
- $30 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- No age restrictions.
- Maximum of 6 people per encounter.
- Bookings can be made in advance online or by calliing 07 5436 2002. You can also book on the day (subject to availability) at the Information & Tour Desk by the latest 12.30pm.
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Terms and Conditions
- Children under 14yrs MUST be accompanied to the encounter by an adult.
- Children under 3 years old must be accompanied by a paying adult.
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
- Participants must have reasonable motor skills.
- Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
- Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
- All interaction will be instigated by the Tortoises.
- An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the encounter to capture the action. Photos taken will be available for purchase from the Fuji Photography lab. (Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person)
- If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
- The Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if needed.
- Guests must be aware they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, please see Indemnity & Release attached.
- Upon paying admission, please go to the Information & Tour Desk no later than 12pm to check in.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.