Otterly exciting opportunity right here! Come enjoy lunchtime with our cheeky Asian small-clawed otters. Our loveable Maria will pounce all over you excitably as she is fed some of her favourite treats such as fish, nuts and crayfish!
After spending twenty minutes interacting with our otters and our knowledgeable keepers – you will feel like an expert on their behaviour. Guests are encouraged to ask questions and learn more about Maria while participating in her playtime. It’s a whole l’otter fun, so while you are having a great time – one of our professional photographers will snap your picture.
- $80 per person
- Includes one free gift per person
- Admission not included
- Only available to guests who are 8 years of age and above. 8-14 year olds MUST be accompanied by a PAYING adult
- Runs once daily at 1:15pm
- 2 guests maximum per encounter
- Bookings can be made in advance online or by calling 07 5436 2002. You can also book on the day (subject to availability) at the Information & Tour Desk by the latest 12:45pm.
Terms and Conditions
- Available only to participants who are 8 years of age and above only.
- Children 8 -14yrs MUST be accompanied by a paying adult.
- Seafood and peanuts are commonly used as 'treat' items for the otters. Guests with any food allergies to such items are not permitted to participate for health and safety reasons.
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
- Participants must have full motor skill and intellectual abilities.
- Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
- The enclosure is not accessible to wheelchairs.
- Enclosed and flat footwear must be worn during the encounter.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
- All interaction will be instigated by the Otters.
- An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the encounter to capture the action. Photos taken will be available for purchase from the Fuji Photography lab.(Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person)
- If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
- Upon paying admissions, please go to the Informtaion & Tour Desk no later than 12.00pm to check in.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
- The Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
- Please be aware you may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, see Indemnity & Release attached.
« Return to Animal Encounters
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.