Take a stroll around Australia Zoo with one of our gorgeous wombats.
These cheeky little Aussies would love you to join them on their next Zoo adventure! A Wombat Walk is a great opportunity to learn about these remarkable native mammals as they head out to grab some extra juicy grazing time at different areas around the zoo. If they stand still long enough you'll get to give them a good back rub as well.
Timing and Days
- One Wombat encounter is held daily.
- Encounters run from 11.15am - 11.35am.
Price and Guest Limit
- $40 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- Minimum age 6 years.
- Maximum 2 people per encounter.
- Bookings can be made at the Information & Tour Desk by 10.30am on the day of the encounter or can be made in advance by calling (07) 5436 2002 or by email via our contact form.
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
- Participants must wear enclosed shoes.
Terms and Conditions
- Available only to participants who are 6 years of age and above only.
- Children 6 -14yrs MUST be accompanied by a paying adult.
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
- Participants must have reasonable motor skills.
- Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
- Enclosed and suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
- All interaction will be instigated by the Wombat.
- An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the encounter to capture the action. Photos taken will be available for purchase from the Fuji Photography lab. (Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person)
- If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
- The Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if needed.
- Guests must be aware they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, please see Indemnity & Release attached.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.