Wow! How many people ever get the opportunity to get up close to a Binturong...well you can here at Australia Zoo!
What the heck is a Binturong I hear you ask?? With their shaggy black fur, stiff white whiskers and small adorable face you will just fall in love with these unusual looking, adorable creatures.
If you're lucky you may even be able to tempt these sweethearts to eat right out of your hand! Wooo-hoo!
Timing and Days
- One Binturong encounter is held daily.
- Encounters run from 3:00pm- 3:15pm.
Price and Guest Limit
- $79.00 per person (does not include admission). Admission can be paid on arrival at the Zoo.
- Minimum age 4 years.
- Maximum 4 people per encounter.
- Bookings can be made in advance online or by calling 07 5436 2002. You can also book on the day (subject to availability) at the Information & Tour Desk by the latest 2:30pm.
- Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person.
Terms and Conditions
- Available only to participants who are 4 years of age and above.
- Children 4 -14yrs MUST be accompanied to the enclosure by an adult.
- All participants must follow all instructions given by the handlers.
- Participants must have reasonable motor skills.
- Each guest must be able to understand English or have a paying interpreter with them.
- The enclosure is not accessible for wheelchairs.
- Suitable footwear must be worn during the encounter.
- Please ensure that your hands are clean prior to commencement of experience.
- All interaction will be instigated by the Binturongs.
- An Australia Zoo photographer will be present during the encounter to capture the action. Photos taken will be available for purchase from the Fuji Photography lab. (Includes one Australia Zoo gift per person)
- If you do not show or are late to the experience the fee will NOT be refunded.
- Participants may be asked to cease the encounter at any time for whatever reason at the handler's discretion.
- Australia Zoo does not take any responsibility for any injuries that are received. First Aid will be called if required.
- Guests must be aware they may be filmed during experiences for media purposes, please see Indemnity & Release attached.
- Australia Zoo reserves the right to refuse any person doing to participate for safety or other reasons.
- Upon paying admissions, please go to the Information & Tour Desk no later than 11am to check in.
Animal Encounter Enquiry Form
We need your name, email address, which Encounter you're interested in, and anything else you can tell us about your trip to Australia Zoo! If you know what day you're coming, and your preferred Encounter is available, we'll contact you to confirm the booking, or we can give you details of alternative available Encounters.