Saturday 17 September 2011 - Sunday 2 October 2011
It's as wild as life gets these school holidays at Australia Zoo and enjoy more action and FREE entertainment than you can poke a stick at!
Australia Zoo launches the new African Safari exhibit!
These September School Holidays Australia Zoo will launch Stage One of Steve's plans - the Australia Zoo African Safari. A first for Queensland, guests on the new African Safari will tour our brand new savannah open range field, observing giraffes, rhinos, cheetah, and a brand new edition to Australia Zoo - zebras, all from the comfort of our Safari Shuttle.
Africa will cover 24 acres, growing Australia Zoo from its already established 70 acres to just under 100 acres. Africa will be the largest of Australia Zoo's many exhibits.
Check out all things AFRICA here!
African Activities Galore!
To celebrate the opening of our African Safari, we've got some you-beaut African-inspired fun for everyone!
Our local friends from Baala Baajo will be performing African Dancing and Drumming Workshops daily! You can learn the percussion skills of these experts. Don't miss their appearance daily in our Wildlife Warriors Show. How good is that!?
Watch Rio in the Crocoseum! Saturday 24 September
To celebrate the release of Rio on DVD and Blu-Ray, Australia Zoo is holding the Blu-Ray premiere of the film in our world-famous Crocoseum! Watch Blu the macaw take off on an adventure to Rio de Janeiro with the bird of his dreams.
Don't miss all the Rio fun on Saturday 24 September with:
- Samba Workshop at 2.00pm
- Special appearance from our magnificent macaws at 2.30pm
- Rio screening at 3.00pm
Kids Alive Do the Five! 19 - 23 and 26 - 30 September
Laurie Lawrence's Water Safety Show 'Kids Alive Do the Five' is back at Australia Zoo by popular demand! Teach your kids how to be safe in and around the pool this summer.
- Shows at 12.00pm and 1.30pm (19 - 23 and 26 - 30 Sept only).
Meet Terri, Bindi and Robert! - Sunday 2 October 2011
Be one of the first 100 patrons to purchase a Bindi Wildlife Adventure book and you will have the chance to meet Terri, Bindi and Robert Irwin and have your book personally signed!*
* Terms and Conditions
* All patrons visiting Australia Zoo on Sunday 2 October are eligible. Note that NO pre-purchases or pre-registrations will be eligible.
* The first 100 people to purchase a Bindi Wildlife Adventure Series Book from Australia Zoo's Crocoseum Boutique will have the chance to meet Terri, Bindi and Robert Irwin and get their book signed.
* Numbers are strictly limited.
* Only patrons purchasing their book from the Crocoseum Boutique will be issued with a wristband for the signing. Patrons purchasing a book from any other retail outlet will not be eligible.
* Eligible patrons will be issued with a wristband for the signing. Please ensure you keep your wristband until after the signing as proof of eligibility.
* On Sunday 2 October 2011 signing will commence at 1.30pm. Eligible patrons may line up outside the Australiana Shop from 12.00 noon.
* Only Bindi Wildlife Adventure series books will be signed, no clothing, photographs or other items will be signed.
All this, plus FREE face painting, our Major Prize Draw and a colouring competition. Wooo-hoo!
Take a trip to Africa at Australia Zoo these September School Holidays, where Crocs and AFRICA RULE!