Accounts Payable Officer - Full Time
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity available for an Accounts Payable Officer to join our Accounts team in a Full Time capacity!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Reporting to the Senior Financial Accountant, the Accounts Payable Officer at Australia Zoo is responsible for maintaining all creditor records and processing all creditor payments. In addition, the role provides support to the Accounts team for a variety of tasks. The Accounts Payable Officer will be responsible for attending to all telephone and email enquiries, maintaining all suppliers, issuing remittance advices, liaising with managers from all Australia Zoo departments and imputing data into the systems.
A successful applicant will have a demonstrated ability to work in a high performance environment, with a capacity to deliver all requirements of the role as well as a great work ethic, a keen eye for detail, and the ability to work to a high standard within the team.
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Attention to detail
- Ability to deal with high volumes of data processing
- Accurate data entry skills
- Intermediate computer software skills, including Excel and accounting packages
- Ability to prioritise and multitask
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Ability to build good relationships with vendors and suppliers
- Ability work as part of a broader team
Apply for this job below. Applications close Friday 7th of May 2021.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application