Admissions Supervisor - Full Time
An exciting opportunity has arisen for someone to join our Admissions team in a Full Time capacity as a Supervisor!
Australia Zoo is an equal opportunity employer, where we recognise the diversity of our workforce and community – be it on the basis of gender, age, race, sexual orientation, or religious belief. We provide specific workplace programs to support diversity and equal employment opportunities for women, people with disabilities and all cultural backgrounds.
Our Admissions Department is part of our Australia Zoo Customer Service Sector. As the Admissions Supervisor, you oversee & co-ordinate this department. You are primarily responsible for implementing & devising procedures, creating rosters, staff training, staff performance, sales & target reporting, equipment maintenance and the overall operations of the Admissions team.
All staff in Admissions need to be organized, practical and have excellent communication and interpersonal skills, as this role requires a high level of guest interaction. The ability to foresee and evaluate potential problems, and deal with the unexpected in a calm and efficient manner, is essential. The Admissions Supervisor requires good office skills, a polite and helpful telephone manner, be able to demonstrate keen attention to detail, and willingness to ensure the best experience for each Guest entering the Zoo.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated ability of integrity, honesty, flexibility, good energy levels and the ability to deal with fast paced and high pressure situations with ease. Mentoring and up-skilling staff is an important aspect of this role.
Essential Criteria –
- Strong management and leadership experience
- Ability to supervise, counsel and discipline staff
- Experience in recruiting, developing and training staff
- Friendly and engaging personality
- Comfortable working with members of the public
- Be able to work in a team environment
- Be helpful and polite to staff and guests
- Neat and tidy appearance
- Be able to receive constructive feedback in a positive manner
- Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
- Proof of Coronavirus Vaccination (unless otherwise exempt)
Preferred Criteria –
- Current First Aid and CPR certificate
- Any associated licences, training, workplace health and safety
- Current manual driver’s licence
Apply for this job below. Applications close Friday 22nd of November 2021.
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- Your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application