Online Employment Application
School Based Traineeships in Retail
Department: Australiana Shop
School Based Traineeships in Retail
We are seeking eager and enthusiastic students who are interested in commencing a School Based Traineeship at Australia Zoo. If you are about to finish Year 10 and would like to obtain a Certificate III in Retail whilst you are completing Year's 11 & 12, then this is the opportunity for you!
School Based Traineeships at Australia Zoo require the following commitment:
• Full availability to work through the December/January school holiday period, especially our busiest period from 25/12/2013 to 08/01/2014 and the same dates in the 2014-15 holiday period.
• Available to work up to 32 hours per week during all school holiday periods and public holidays throughout 2014 & 2015.
• During the school term, available to work one day during the school week and one day on the weekend (either one whole day or 2 half days/shorter shift) each week.
• Completing TAFE assessments and modules by due dates in your own time, outside of school and work.
• Completing your traineeship within the contract period (i.e. by the end of October 2015, though you may finish earlier).
• To show initiative and maturity in regards to communication, presentation and attendance (checking you roster, always ensuring that you are on time to work and returning from breaks on time) and willingness to adhere to our Australia Zoo policies, procedures and customer service standards.
School Based Trainees will be employed within the Retail sections of Australia Zoo. Shifts may be rotated between different departments within these Retail departments. Duties may include;
• Greeting Customers
• Providing general information for any enquiries about the Zoo
• Providing tourism information to patrons
• Cash Handling/Eftpos Transactions
• Operation of computerised till
• Processing Admission Tickets
• Coding and pricing of stock
• Vacuuming, mopping floors and general cleaning of department areas
• Dusting, tidying and cleaning all shelves and general shop areas
• Emptying rubbish bins within retail shop
• Displaying and Merchandising stock
• Re-filling shelves
• Minimising loss prevention
• Assisting with product advise and/or inquiries
• Prepare for opening - stocking tills
• Participate in crowd control when requested by management
• Maintain Australia Zoo' customer service standards
• Maintain and ensure a commitment to privacy and confidentiality
• Work within the guidelines of health and safety procedures to ensure staff and visitor safety & security.
• Participate in performance training and development reviews or programs as requested by the company both on and off the job.
• Attend meetings as requested by Supervisor.
• Other duties as directed by supervisor or management
If you are interested it this fantastic opportunity, please submit a resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
APPLICATIONS CLOSE - Friday, 18th October.
All applications will be reviewed; and successful applications will proceed through to an interview process.
*** This position would suit local high school students with accommodation and access to private transport to and from AZ - as public transport in the Beerwah area does not meet operational rostering requirements***
Apply for this job below. Applications close 18th of October 2013
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.