Online Employment Application
Position Title: Personal Assistant to Managing Director
Organisation: Australia Zoo
Reports to: Managing Director
Main purpose of position:
This position works closely with the Managing Director to ensure the smooth functioning of all their daily activities and to ensure a customer-focused, responsive and professional service is provided at all times.
This position requires a highly organised, capable professional who is flexible and able to respond quickly to changing circumstances and priorities. In addition to being highly skilled in the administrative area, you'll need highly developed relationship and influencing skills and be able to work in collaborative way with staff across the business and liaise with a variety of external stakeholders including media. Strong communication skills are required, both written and oral, along with exceptional attention to detail. A background in marketing/PR would be highly regarded.
The key objectives of this position are:
High Level Executive Support
• Diarize & management of all internal and external appointments for the Managing Director and communicate on their behalf when absent or unavailable.
• Plan and schedule all meetings and events as directed by the Managing Director and prepare the annual schedule and update on a regular basis.
• Attend meetings and events with the Managing Director, including all interstate/overseas trips, ensuring all travel schedules, logistics and briefing documents are prepared well in advance.
• Act as the first point of contact for internal/external stakeholders and screen all calls and take up any urgent tasks and communicate follow up action(s).
• Be on-call and available for the Managing Director at all times via mobile phone.
• Review and record all incoming correspondence and emails, including allocating, redirecting to appropriate staff for action and following up on the preparation of responses.
• Provide a full range of administrative support services including filing and records management; faxing; mail; photocopying etc,
• Collect and disseminate information in a timely and accurate manner on behalf of the Managing Director on matters relating to the activities/engagements ensuring the highest levels of confidentiality and probity.
• Manage and coordinate all VIP tours at Australia Zoo
• Receive and where appropriate respond to the Managing Directors emails and letters, drafting responses on behalf of the Managing Director in line with business priorities and bringing urgent matters to the Managing Director/Managements attention.
• To proactively prepare and coordinate the Managing Director's appointments, ensuring that meetings are reviewed, background/briefing documents are prepared in advance and where necessary, relevant Management is briefed.
• Coordinate and implement all filing of central core documents.
• Development & maintenance of all Managing Director's contacts (includes email address, mailing address and telephone contact details).
• Oversee tasks of the Personal Assistant and ensure personal assistance is provided to the Managing Director including work-related correspondence, travel arrangements etc
• Oversee and coordinate all convened meetings (internal & external) including (but not exclusive to), facility booking(s), catering, agenda and invitation(s), briefing notes, minutes and follow up tasks.
• Assist the Managing Director with tasks in planning and overseeing tasks associated with key monthly and annual events such as Steve Irwin Day, Steve Irwin Day Gala Dinner, monthly promotional events, Crikey Magazine editorial etc
• Liaise with Managing Director on major Australia Zoo events (e.g. Steve Irwin Day Gala Dinner) to ensure key VIP contacts are included on the invitation list and are seated appropriately
• Evaluate and continually update current administrative and resourcing systems, as necessary
• Other duties as directed by Managing Director, Zoo Director and General Manager
Undertake Marketing and Publicity projects
All the below tasks are to be done in collaboration and consultation with the Australia Zoo marketing department, specifically the Director of Marketing and the PR Executive:
• Manage all correspondence on behalf of the Managing Director in relation to media requests/interviews/appearances/photo opportunities, and prepare briefing documents (with recommendations) to forward onto the Managing Director for a decision.
• Manage and assist with all media interviews, filming and appearance preparation tasks which include collecting prior research, creating briefing documents, and briefing the Managing Director on all public engagements.
• Coordinate and be on-location for all filming/photographic projects with the Managing Director and manage all filming logistics and schedules (i.e. hair/makeup etc) and brief the Managing Director prior to the shoot.
• Oversee and keep up to date all Managing Director's biographies, fact sheets and information (online/offline) for inclusion in press kits, awards submissions etc
• Project management of all partnerships/branding and licensing agreements and deliver timelines, in collaboration with the Marketing Department.
• Work closely with the Australia Zoo marketing department (Director of Marketing and PR & Executive) to ensure opportunities associated with the programming/promotion of Managing Director's brand is leveraged company-wide.
• Coordinate social media and online branding initiatives for the Managing Director
• Maintain a good relationship with the media/journalists and assist with organizing press tours when required.
• Attendance at the weekly marketing meetings
The successful candidate will have:-
• Proven working history as a Personal Assistant or similar role
• Advanced skills in Microsoft suite of applications (Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Project, Excel)
• Excellent verbal and written communication skill
• Relationship and Event management skills
• Advanced organisational and analytical skills
• Project management skills
• Initiative and enthusiasm with the ability to learn new tasks quickly
• The ability to handle highly confidential information
If you meet the above requirements please send through your updated resume and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by clicking the APPLY button below. The applicants successful for an interview will be contacted. Applications will close Monday 18th November 2013
Apply for this job below. Applications close 18th of November 2013
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.