Online Employment Application
Casual Security Officer
Do you love animals and have a passion for ensuring the security and safety of those around you?
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity to combine your two passions into one unique and amazing role! If you are looking for a casual Security position, this could be the perfect job for you!
Within the Security Department, Security Officers are employed to provide a high standard of security & ensure safety exists for all visitors, staff, management and animals at the Zoo.
Duties may include:
• Responsible for performing car park patrols
• Undertake hospital checks throughout the night shift
• Greeting and farewelling of staff and patrons
• Observation of vehicles and their speed limits within our facility
• General litter pick up during patrols
• Undertake Incident reporting and documenting activities
• Undertake vandalism prevention
• Perform internal & external Zoo patrols/perimeter checks
• Responsible for completing the opening and closing procedures for the zoo
• Assisting with general marketing promotions
• Committing to our privacy and confidentiality policies
• Maintaining Australia Zoo's customer service standards
• Work within the guidelines of health and safety procedures to ensure staff and visitor safety & security.
• Other duties as required by Senior Management
• Current Security License
• Current 1st Aid
• Manual Driver's License - security vehicle is manual transmission
• Own transport is essential
• Excellent customer service, strong written and verbal communication skills
Our security team work over a 24x7 roster, which means that the suitable applicant should have the ability to work days/nights/weekends/public holidays.
Please note this ad may be removed prior to the posted end date.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 29th of October 2019
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.