Online Employment Application
Leaf Cutter - Casual
Here at Australia Zoo and the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital, we have many Koalas to feed. In order for us to successfully do this, we have a team of hard working leaf cutters that visit numerous plantations on a daily basis collecting the required amount.
• Horticultural experience
• Excellent communication skills and presentation
• Be able to assist in the facilitation of sourcing and maintaining leaf harvesting properties - private or company owned for plantation development including contact details
• Write up and maintain records - leaf cutting logs etc
• Have a thorough understanding of sourcing eucalypts, plantation management and legislative requirements of eucalypt harvesting
• Be able to identify different species of eucalypts
• Liaise with the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital (appropriate personnel) to facilitate the provision of leaf and maintain a positive relationship.
• Hold current Open Driver's manual Licence and own transport
• Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
• Participate in performance training and development reviews as requested by the company both on and off the job
• Commitment to Australia Zoo confidentiality and privacy policies
• Be prepared to adopt developed practices as deemed necessary by management for health & safety purposes
Applicants must be fit for physical work, enthusiastic, mature-minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative.
Please note that this job ad may be removed prior to the date advertised.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 30th of April 2019
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.