Online Employment Application
Field Officer/Conservation Ranger
Crikey!! Do you have what it takes to join the Australia Zoo Crew!!
We are looking for an experienced ranger who is energetic and passionate about natural resource and conservation management.
As a Conservation Ranger on the Steve Irwin Wildlife Reserve (SIWR) Cape York, you will be required to work on the Reserve for a period agreed upon with Senior Management. Under the direction of Curatorial staff you will cover a wide range of responsibilities to ensure the upkeep and maintenance on properties and wildlife reserves.
Benefits include; annual salary, vehicle and fuel, internet, mobile and land line phone, food and utilities all provided for.
- The ability to handle physical labour and work outdoors in all conditions
- Ability to work well unsupervised
- Hold current Open Manual Driver's Licence
- Current 1st Aid qualifications
- Current boat licence
- Coxswain (desirable)
- A degree in science in the field of Ecology, Biology, Zoology, Botany, Wildlife Management, Natural Resource Management or equivalent will be adventageous
Interested applicants who meet the above criteria should send their cover letter along with a current resume to email@example.com
Applicants must be fit for physical work, enthusiastic, mature-minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 15th of January 2018
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.