Online Employment Application
Education Officer - Full Time
Australia Zoo has an exciting opportunity available for an experienced educator within their Education Department!
Education qualification/s essential & wildlife science disciplines and/or experience highly desirable.
The purpose of this role is to support the on-going growth and development of all education programs in accordance with department and organisational strategies.
This role incorporates the development, promotion and delivery of all of Australia Zoo's innovative and unique educational experiences with the enthusiasm and passion of Australia Zoo's culture and ethos.
Its primary focus is school groups (i.e pre-school, primary and secondary), universities, Tafes and similar learning-based facilities, as well as community-based education groups, day care centres & other facilities with potential education linkages and learning objectives.
The successful application will have a demonstrated ability to work in a deadline driven, high performance environment, with a capacity to deliver all educational based program presentations, sales, & administrative requirements to a high standard.
• Formal education qualifications essential - wildlife science disciplines/experience highly desirable
• Up to date knowledge of and experience with current curriculum-based learning
• Minimum 1-2 years' experience in an educator or similar role
• Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships
• Computer program literacy, including but not limited to excel, word (including power point), on line skills & the ability to learn job role specific computer programs
• Strong attention to detail & well developed problem solving abilities
• Well developed organisational skills & capacity for multi task management
• A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to engage, negotiate and communicate effectively with all staff (all levels) and customers to ensure ongoing relationship development and management.
• Confidence and demonstrated capacity to establish, build and maintain professional relationships which support & facilitate the development of education revenue streams
• Flexibility with days/hours of work (including weekends) - weekend availability will be an ongoing requirement.
• Open manual driver's license
Please send a current resume and a covering letter outlining your ability to meet the above selection requirements to Erika Cotterill, Recruitment Coordinator, Australia Zoo by email to email@example.com
Please note that this ad may be taken down prior to the date stated.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 22nd of September 2019
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.