Online Employment Application
Head Chef - Full-Time
Department: Food & Beverage
If the culinary world is your passion and you enjoy providing exceptional food and dining experiences, then this is the job for you. As the Head Chef you will join a team of experienced staff that is relentlessly focused on excellence and strives to ensure guest's dining experiences are an attraction in itself.
The Head chef is responsible for all food production including restaurants, banquets, functions and other outlets within Australia Zoo. This position also requires the Head Chef to develop menus, food purchasing specifications and recipes. Supervise staff and conduct on the job training to strengthen the culinary team and create a positive working environment. Develop, monitor food and budgeting for the department in line with overall profitability goals, in consultation with the F&B Operations Manager. Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards to ensure state and territory legislative requirements are met and best practices are maintained.
• Chef qualification
• A strong functions background
• experience in all facets of kitchen operations, including stock control, labour analysis, roster creation, supplier management, staff management and an extensive understanding of HACCP management.
• Must be food safety certified and have worked in HACCP certified kitchens
• Experience in Menu design
• Experience in modern Australian cuisine
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work in high pressure situations
• The ability to work on weekends, public holidays and outside of normal operating hours will form part of the position expectations
What this job has to offer you:
This position offers the rare opportunity for an amazing work-life balance. There are no split shifts, no late night work, a super friendly team, and of course the beautiful atmosphere you are surrounded by working at Australia Zoo! Wages are paid weekly and staff have access to multiple benefits, including industry rates.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 21st of January 2019
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.