Online Employment Application
Admin & Events Coordinator - FT
Department: Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors
The Administration and Events Coordinator is the first point of contact for Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors, dealing directly with people connecting to the charity via email, phone as well as face-to-face with visitors to the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital. This highly varied role will require you to utilise a range of skills such as fundraising, customer service, event organisation and not-for-profit administration. A key facet of this role is managing all front-line duties of the "Sneak Peek" tour desk, the retail area, gallery and conference centre.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- An understanding of the not-for-profit sector.
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite programs, particularly high level of competency in Excel.
- Self motivated and able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Well developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Personable and approachable with excellent customer service skills.
- Commitment to privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a small team environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with staff and constituents at all levels.
- Have a brief understanding of the Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors Global Conservation Projects.
- Passion for wildlife conservation and the mission of Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors.
- As this role requires continuous improvement of processes and procedures, we require a demonstrated ability to maintain and promote a flexible and positive approach to change.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with all levels of staff and people in a wide range of business and community settings
- Be able to work weekends, public holidays and School holidays
- Own transport is required as public transport is limited
- 1+ years or more progressively responsible and successful experience as a non-profit fundraising, marketing, events or administration professional.
- Demonstrated ability and experience coordinating fundraising events.
- Proven track record of stakeholder and sponsorship management.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 22nd of September 2019
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.