Online Employment Application
Assistant Kitchen Manager - Full-Time
Department: Food & Beverage
Australia Zoo is currently looking for a professional and experienced Assistant Kitchen Manager to assist in the management of our food outlets.
The Food & Beverage Department has recently undergone major changes both in the service delivery and appearance. Gone are the days of hectic lines and waiting - we now focus on a primarily self-serve area. The whole food court area has received a massive facelift, bringing a beautiful and sophisticated vibe to the area.
The Assistant Kitchen Manager is responsible for supporting the Head Chef in overseeing all food production including restaurants, banquets, functions and other outlets within Australia Zoo.
Duties may include:
• Help in the preparation and design of all food menus.
• Produce high quality food both design and taste wise.
• Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards.
• Fill in for the Head Chef in planning and directing food preparation when necessary.
• Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation.
• Manage and train kitchen staff, establish working schedule and assess staff's performance.
• Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately.
• Assist in monthly stock takes.
• Assist the Head Chef with the management of all logistics for catering.
• Work closely with the Head Chef and ensure that all HACCP & hygiene standards are in place and all colleagues are trained on it.
What this job has to offer you:
• Home each evening, giving you a healthy work/life balance
• Working within an energetic, friendly environment with an atmosphere like no other
• There are no split shifts and wages are paid weekly
• Staff benefits and industry discounts
The successful candidate will demonstrate or show interest in:
• Ability to supervise staff and conduct on the job training to strengthen the culinary team and create a positive working environment.
• Develop, monitor food and budgeting for the department in line with overall profitability goals, in consultation with the Head Chef.
• Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards to ensure state and territory legislative requirements are met and best practices are maintained.
• experience in all facets of kitchen operations, including stock control, labour analysis, roster creation, supplier management, staff management and an extensive understanding of HACCP management.
• Must be food safety certified and have worked in HACCP certified kitchens
• Experience in modern Australian cuisine
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work in high pressure situations
• The ability to work on weekends, public holidays and outside of normal operating hours will form part of the position expectations
Please note that applications may close prior to the date advertised.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 5th of July 2019
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.