Online Employment Application
Food & Beverage Supervisor - FT
Department: Food & Beverage
Are you a Food & Beverage Extraordinaire?! Do you know that Khaki is not a colour but an attitude?
The Food & Beverage Department has recently undergone major changes both in the service delivery and appearance. Gone are the days of hectic lines and waiting - we now focus on a primarily self-serve area. The whole food court area has received a massive facelift, bringing a beautiful and sophisticated vibe to the area.
We are seeking a Food and Beverage Supervisor with Functions knowledge to be the face of our business, to role model our best practices and to ensure that the standards that we pride ourselves on here at Australia Zoo are adhered to when every customer is served. To be successful in attaining this position you must be driven and passionate, and have a genuine want for excellence. You must be customer focused and work well under pressure. Communication is a must and a high level of energy is needed to lead our service team.
Can you drive sales? Do you have 100% customer focus at all times? Are you a leader who understands the importance of team work? Do you know how to throw remarkable parties? Now is your time to shine!
This role requires a high level of customer interaction, staff leadership, staff training and delegation. You will require great interpersonal and communication skills and have worked in, or have the ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
Key Job Roles:
• Provide outstanding customer service to all guests who visit Australia Zoo
• Supervising, training and mentoring of staff
• Monitor and review staff requirements -Keep labour costs to establishment requirements
• Ensure all items relating to the menu are to our standards to satisfy the customer's expectations
• Monitoring stock and stock rotation on front counters and trolleys and delegation of staff to complete
• Type up signs and documents when required by management
• Assist in maintaining stock levels and wastage to company standards
• Ability to undertake stock counts and rotate stock appropriately
• Addressing customer complaints and concerns when they arise
• Point-of-sale processing including register operation, receiving and processing payments
• Opening and closing of Australia Zoo food court
• Monitoring staff appearance including uniforms, jewellery etc to meet Australia zoo standards
• Assisting with performance reviews
• Follow Food Safety Procedures and training related to cooking and serving of foods in a food business.
• Temperature checking foods and fridges and freezers at appropriate intervals
• Work within guidelines of workplace health and safety procedures
• Ensuring front of house areas cleanliness is kept to a high standard at all times
• Preparation and execution of function run sheets
• Liaise with management on staffing requirements for functions
• Liaise with marketing and groups departments on upcoming functions and expectations
• Assist with costings and profit management
• High level of customer and event management engagement and relationship building
• Set up and pack down of function areas
• Ordering stock and hire in equipment where necessary
• Experience within a similar role
• Positive and professional attitude
• Current RSA Certificate
• Commitment to quality, service and hospitality
• Passion for delivering outstanding customer service
• Ability to lead and motivate a large team
• Knowledge of safe food handling and storage
• Eye for detail
• Numeracy skills
• Problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
• Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with the public, customers and key accounts
• Be able work well under pressure and to be part of a team
• Available to work weekends, public holidays, and school holiday periods
Please note that this advertisement may be removed prior to end date listed.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 3rd of April 2019
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.