Online Employment Application
Food & Beverage Functions & Counter Supervisor - FT
Department: Food & Beverage
Are you a Food & Beverage Extraordinaire?! Do you know that Khaki is not a colour but an attitude?
The Food & Beverage Department has recently undergone major changes both in the service delivery and appearance. Gone are the days of hectic lines and waiting - we now focus on a primarily self-serve area. The whole food court area has received a massive facelift, bringing a beautiful and sophisticated vibe to the area.
We are seeking a Food and Beverage Supervisor to be the face of our business, to role model our best practices and to ensure that the standards that we pride ourselves on here at Australia Zoo are adhered to when every customer is served. To be successful in attaining this position you must be driven and passionate, and have a genuine want for excellence. You must be customer focused and work well under pressure. Communication is a must and a high level of energy is needed to lead our service team.
Can you drive sales? Do you have 100% customer focus at all times? Are you a leader who understands the importance of team work? Do you know how to throw remarkable parties? Now is your time to shine!
This role requires a high level of customer interaction, staff leadership, staff training and delegation. You will require great interpersonal and communication skills and have worked in, or have the ability to work within a fast-paced environment.
Key Job Roles:
• Provide outstanding customer service to all guests who visit Australia Zoo
• Supervising, training and mentoring of staff
• Monitor and review staff requirements -Keep labour costs to establishment requirements
• Ensure all items relating to the menu are to our standards to satisfy the customer's expectations
• Monitoring stock and stock rotation on front counters and trolleys and delegation of staff to complete
• Type up signs and documents when required by management
• Assist in maintaining stock levels and wastage to company standards
• Ability to undertake stock counts and rotate stock appropriately
• Addressing customer complaints and concerns when they arise
• Point-of-sale processing including register operation, receiving and processing payments
• Opening and closing of Australia Zoo food court
• Monitoring staff appearance including uniforms, jewellery etc to meet Australia zoo standards
• Assisting with performance reviews
• Follow Food Safety Procedures and training related to cooking and serving of foods in a food business.
• Temperature checking foods and fridges and freezers at appropriate intervals
• Work within guidelines of workplace health and safety procedures
• Ensuring front of house areas cleanliness is kept to a high standard at all times
• Preparation and execution of function run sheets
• Liaise with management on staffing requirements for functions
• Liaise with marketing and groups departments on upcoming functions and expectations
• Assist with costings and profit management
• High level of customer and event management engagement and relationship building
• Set up and pack down of function areas
• Ordering stock and hire in equipment where necessary
Experience in a similar role
Positive and professional attitude
Current RSA Certificate
Passion for delivering outstanding customer service
Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Knowledge of safe food handling and storage
Ability to work weekends, public holidays, and school holidays
Commitment to longevity and growth within a family business
Experience with, or knowledge of function co-ordination
What's in it for you?
Great hours! We close at 5pm daily, so that means more time for you.
Great team! Our food & beverage team are made up of over 60 amazing, friendly staff.
Great environment! Where else can you work on the beautiful Sunny Coast in an environment with amazing animals?
Growth opportunities - we are a large zoo with many occupations under the one roof! There are always opportunities to grow for the right people.
7 day availability, including weekends and school holidays
Think you have what it takes to join the Australia Zoo Crew? Apply now!
Apply for this job below. Applications close 30th of June 2019
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.