Online Employment Application
Graphic Design Manager
Are you a talented and creative graphic designer and leader with a passion for conservation? Do you want to engage your team to inspire the world to protect our wildlife and wild places? Australia Zoo has a unique and exciting position available in their Marketing Team for a Graphic Design Manager.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, this role is responsible for protecting and growing Australia Zoo's brand through the creation of new graphic design concepts and collateral.
• Lead and manage on and offline creative projects from concept to completion, driving constant improvement and innovation in Australia Zoo's creative quality.
• Development of Australia Zoo brand story and visual identity guidelines alongside Senior Brand Experience Specialist.
• Manage the design teams output ensuring the overall quality of work produced is of a consistently high standard.
• Act as a brand ambassador and strategic creative advisor to internal stakeholders on how to best represent and position the Australia Zoo brand.
• In conjunction with the Advertising Manager and Senior Brand Experience Specialist, ensure strict adherence to Brand guidelines.
• Work with PR team to develop an AZ language style guide and roll out to greater organisation.
• Guide and develop the design, online and audio visual departments alongside Senior Brand Experience Specialist to ensure that all creative design work adheres to the Australia Zoo brand guidelines and interpretive theme guidelines to ensure consistency across all media.
• Conduct annual stock-take of zoo collateral and Image library.
• Manage vendor relationships and negotiate all external supplier contracts for best possible outcomes assisting in resolving technical, production, and accounting challenges.
• Ensure customer satisfaction, quality control and timely delivery of final products.
• Develop and continuously improve the design teams' job trafficking process, systems and procedures.
• Oversee the production and scheduling of major printing and interpretive design projects, ensuring quotes and estimates are produced on time and within budget parameters.
• Oversee and enhance the Zoo's image library, influencing new direction with dynamic photographic style.
• Manage costs within budget.
• Ensure systems and procedures are up to date.
• Compilation of monthly design reports.
• Managing in-house shared network procedures, ensuring all files are up to date, accessible and organised.
• Seek feedback from key internal and external stakeholders to ensure effective representation and progression.
• Ensure company ethics and professional standards are adhered to at all times.
• Maintain Australia Zoo's customer service standards.
• Maintain and ensure a commitment to confidentiality and privacy.
• Maintain an appropriate level of attendance.
• Work within the guidelines of health and safety procedures to ensure staff and visitor safety & security.
• Participate in performance training and development reviews or programs as requested by the company both on and off the job.
• Other duties as requested by Management including assistance in Zoo events.
• Experience in similar Design or Brand management role at a similar level.
• Experience in the preparation and management of artwork for print production, advanced knowledge and experience in print prepress and overseeing production of both offset and digital print, up to date knowledge of print technology.
• Proven experience in the creative design and production of marketing, media, print and digital advertising and promotional collateral from concept to publication.
• Strong communication, networking skills, negotiating and business acumen.
• Suitable tertiary qualifications, preference being Bachelor degree in Art or Graphic Design or Associate Diploma in Graphic Design (or equivalent)
• Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite CC, in particular InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator in a Mac environment.
• A proven track record in achieving targets.
• Previous staff management experience. Setting expectations and standards for creative team attitude, behaviour, teamwork and professional development.
• Outstanding leadership capacity.
• Strong analytical, strategic and financial acumen.
• Customer orientation.
• Ability to manage multiple tasks and agendas.
• Capacity to deliver to budget and timeframe.
• Knowledge of industry and sector.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter, resume and samples of your work (maximum 10 MB) to email@example.com
Apply for this job below. Applications close 26th of May 2019
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.