Online Employment Application
Community Engagement Administrator - Full-Time
Department: Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors
Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced ‘Community Engagement Administrator' to join the team.
About Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors:
Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors was established in 2002 by Steve and Terri Irwin as a way to include and involve other caring people in the protection of injured, threatened or endangered wildlife - from the individual animal to an entire species. Today, with nine global conservation projects, three vast conservation properties, and a loyal following of global donors and supporters, Wildlife Warriors continues to save the precious lives of our wildlife and carry on Steve's dream to save one, save the species.
About the role:
This key role is responsible for producing engaging communications to build positive brand awareness for Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors, dealing directly with people connecting to the global charity via social media, newsletter and website content as well as face-to-face with visitors to the Australia Zoo Wildlife Hospital. This highly varied role will require you to utilise a range of skills such as social media content curation, copywriting for EDM's and web sites, digital fundraising campaign strategy, community engagement, customer service and not-for-profit administration.
You will be responsible for supporting the Development Manager by undertaking fundraising projects including management of digital campaigns, coordination of content across Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors website and other digital fundraising platforms, building email marketing campaigns, and driving the continued growth of the organisations digital communication channels, including social media.
A successful candidate will have significant experience with social media, copywriting ability, as well as excellent organisational, oral communication and inter-personal skills, combined with an eye for detail. They will have the ability to deliver within set timeframes and work within a small team.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of the not-for-profit sector.
- Competent in Microsoft Office suite programs, particularly high level of competency in Excel.
- Strong experience managing social media.
- High level of compassion and good understanding of key environmental issues.
- Self-motivated and able to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Well-developed organisational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Personable and approachable with excellent customer service skills.
- Commitment to privacy and confidentiality.
- Ability to work in a small team environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and problem solving skills.
- A high level of interpersonal skills and the ability to negotiate and communicate effectively with staff and constituents at all levels.
- Passion for wildlife conservation and the mission of Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors.
- Experience with the fundraising CRM platform Rasier's Edge and web-based donation portals such as Everyday Hero, Global Giving etc; or the ability to quickly learn new programs.
- 2+ years managing social media with a large 50k+ audience.
- 2+ years curating content for web and/or EDM.
- Current 1st Aid qualifications.
- Any other relevant certificates involving fundraising, communications or writing.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 24th of November 2019
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.