Online Employment Application
Cleaner - Casual
Australia Zoo is currently seeking applications for a Casual Cleaner to work in an outdoor environment within the Cleaning Department.
At Australia Zoo, our Cleaners have the have the opportunity to get out and about on our gorgeous 108 acres of grounds, making sure our high standards of cleanliness are maintained throughout the Zoo. Beyond that, our Cleaners make our patrons feel welcome, engage with them, and support Australia Zoo's goals of conservation through exciting education.
Applicants must be fit for physical work, enthusiastic, mature-minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative. Customer Service skills are also a must.
• Cleaning & maintaining all public areas
• General cleaning of offices
• Rubbish disposal and litter removal on surrounding zoo property including: pathways, access areas, service roads and main buildings throughout zoo
• Use of cleaning and maintenance equipment (Vacuum, Blower, Sweeper, Mop, Duster, Gurney, Buggy etc)
• Maintain excellent communication and guest relations
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to stand and exert well-paced mobility for the duration of a scheduled shift
• Ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time
• Ability to wear a 15kg blower on back for approx. 2 hours per day
• Ability to work in outdoor climates for extended periods of time (Including high temperatures and rain)
• Experience in a similar environment preferred but not essential
• Strong communication and customer service skills
• Strong availability including weekends, public holidays and school holidays
• Manual drivers licence preferred but not essential
• Own transportation, as public transportation is not reliable in this area
Apply for this job below. Applications close 1st of March 2020
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.