Online Employment Application
Experienced General Zoo Keeper - Casual
Department: Australia Zoo Wildlife Warriors
Australia Zoo is seeking expressions of interest for experienced Zoo Keepers. Sections available for this intake include: Mammals, Birds, and our wandering wildlife team, Roving. We are anticipating hours to be between 24-32 hours per week.
As an experienced Zoo Keeper, you have primary responsibility for ensuring the care and wellbeing of the animals under your attendance. You must also be understanding and sensitive to the needs of the animals under your care. You are also responsible for the animals' exhibits, dietary requirements, maintenance, landscaping and presenting at daily demonstrations where applicable. Australia Zoo expects all employees to be dedicated to conservation issues and animal welfare.
At Australia Zoo, Keepers continually work towards providing improved facilities and care for their animals. They do this with enthusiasm and motivation toward their individual learning and training along with an inclusive attitude for their team development.
- Experience in a similar role
- Strong observation and communication skills
- 7 day a week availability including Weekends, Public Holidays and School Holidays
- Applicants must be fit for physical work, enthusiastic, mature-minded, confident, well-presented and able to demonstrate a high level of work-ethic and initiative
- Manual Drivers Licence
- Own transport essential
- Participate in training and conditioning programs for animals
- Maintain records of observations and reports on animal behaviour and/or breeding
- Undertake cleaning and maintenance of the animal enclosures as required
- Conduct environment and enclosure safety checks
- Undertake hands on care of animals
- Undertake animal enrichment programs
- Provide a high level of customer service at all times
- Undertake public speaking and/or delivery of demonstrations
- Ensure knowledge of all relevant conservation programs Australia Zoo contributes to
- Work within guidelines if health and safety procedures to ensure security of animals, staff and guests
Please email a current resume and a covering letter outlining your ability to meet the above selection criteria as well as your preferred department to Erika Cotterill, Recruitment Coordinator at email@example.com. Applications close Sunday 16th February 2020.
Apply for this job below. Applications close 29th of February 2020
Here is a checklist of information you will need to have ready before you start to complete the employment application form:
- Education history
- Employment history
- Any qualifications you may have eg First Aid
- Any achievements you may like to tell us about
- your availability (what hours can you work)
- A resume in .pdf or .doc format
- Any other info that may support your application
Please allow 20 minutes to complete the application.